54- Anything

"Now that I think about it," Hailey pondered, leaning back further against the couch with her arms outstretched, "It makes sense."

Evelyn curled further, her knees against her chest as she kept her arms wrapped around them. She remained silent for a moment, her eyes puffy from the constant crying.

The girl hadn't left her house since Michael's fight with Luke. It was traumatizing, to say the least.

Calum sat next to her, rubbing her back as she sniffled, wiping a stray tear. His touch was gentle, soothing her breath until it calmed.

Finally, Evelyn asked in a soft whisper, "What makes sense?"

"Your names," Hailey pointed out expectantly.

Evelyn and Calum stared at her with a blank stare, blinking as she continued. Kate resisted a laugh, immediately knowing what she was saying.

Those two seemed to be connected telepathically or something.

"Eve," She said expectantly, like they were supposed to immediately understand, "Lucifer.... Why is nobody getting this?"

Of course. The biblical story.

She rolled her eyes, "I'm just saying."

Evelyn mumbled between tears, "Luke's name isn't even Lucifer. And mine is Evelyn. So you're wrong on both counts."

Calum laughed, emitting a small smile from her face despite the tears.

Ever since Michael and Luke fought, Michael hadn't come home. He didn't show up whatsoever, and while he may have needed time to think, it was a whole night and day now where he didn't show up.

It was so unlike Michael- irrational, impulsive.

He'd never spent time like that, where nobody knew where he was.

Ashton and Luke were going around the city, trying to find where Michael may have went. Not that it was easy by any means.

"Anyways," Calum coughed, pulling Evelyn into his chest more, "Where do you guys think Michael went?"

That was the fifth time Evelyn was asked that today.

"Maybe we are being crazy and he went to a friend's house," Kate attempted to soothe the girl.

She fell into Calum's grasp more, sludging over as the side of her head fell onto the couch next to him, leaving her chest and abdomen in his lap.

"He doesn't have friends other than us," Hailey whined. Good point.

"I just want my brother back," Evelyn whispered, a tear falling down her cheek and onto the couch from her laying position.

Calum looked over to Kate, raising his eyebrows to try and communicate without speaking.

Just then, her dad entered the room. His phone was in hand after having just made a call. His eyes were regretful, his face twisted as if it pained him to say what was to come.

She looked at him, her eyes widened and still glossy with the tears.

"I know where Michael is," Her dad softly spoke. Evelyn shot up from Calum's lap, looking at him with hopeful eyes.