47- New Years

"Luke," Hailey turned to the boy, rolling over to lay on her stomach.

He looked up from the book in front of him, already scared of what the girl might suggest to him.

Why are you scared of Hailey?

Well, for once thing, she's fucking insane.

"Do you think we can have the party tonight at your place?" She sat up and brushed the frayed blonde strands out of her face.

Kate nudged Evelyn as she turned to glare at her friend, a side conversation occurring between them.

Mostly threats of Evelyn hurting Kate.

Lots of them, actually.

He was being annoying for some inordinate reason, and she was just dying to wrap her hands around his neck.

Luke glanced over at Evelyn, unsure of how to answer Hailey's question.

He wouldn't mind having his friends over tonight, but he kind of just wanted it to be him and Evelyn alone.

All Luke wanted to do was take her, kiss her when the clock turned to midnight. Maybe do a little more than kiss the girl. Point is- he wanted her completely and utterly to himself. Only for him to touch, feel, be with.

Though, the guilt of being selfish did take over his mind for a moment.

Just for a moment.

Ugh. Curse you Hailey.

"Sounds good to me," Luke shrugged, turning to make apologetic eye contact with Evelyn. She waved it away, turning to lay her head on his lap.

He slid a hand in her hair, rubbing the pads of his fingers against her scalp as she sighed, cuddling her head further in his lap. That hand slid down from her hair to her shoulder, down to her waist.

Luke smiled down at the laid down girl.

Kate put a finger in his mouth, pretending to throw up, "Stop being couple-y here please."

Hailey punched Kate, a loud yelp emitting from his mouth, "They are cute! Leave it alone."

Lucky for them, her brother was with Ashton and Calum, grabbing pizza and champagne for the night.

She shifted her head, her hazel eyes making contact with his. Luke brushed the soft, brown hair out of her face, letting his hand trail down to her neck.

Luke mouthed the words to the girl in his lap: I adore you.

She turned a red tint, mouthing the soft words back to him. He leaned over her lips, hovering for a moment over her red lips.

He couldn't resist himself, bringing his warm mouth down to kiss her. Evelyn lifted her head slowly to keep up with his pace. His hand absentmindedly dragged down her stomach, his fingertips leaving a trail of goosebumps on her body.

"Guys please," Kate whined, forcing the two to pull away from each other.

Kate sucks.

——

"Alright sounds good," Luke spoke into the phone as Evelyn placed her shoes on one by one, "We'll just meet you at mine."

They had lazily moped around the house for a few hours until it reached around 10 pm, close enough to midnight for them all to gather at Luke's.