06- Drunk

A day passed after the whole Kate incident, and it was soon Saturday. Her friends had all apologized about tricking her, and she made every single one of them swear to never again.

Minus Luke, of course. He didn't care. 

Evelyn felt her phone vibrate, and as she pulled it out the name struck her as odd. Patrick. She tilted her head at the phone. He almost never calls. Of course, unless he was drunk.

She opened the call and answered, "Eveeeee! Is your refridgeratorrr runnningggg?"

Of course. He was drunk.

"Patrick where are you?" Evelyn rolled her eyes as she grabbed her house keys and shoes, fitting them on as she listened to her boyfriend hiccup and laugh.

He was muttering to himself random words before laughing and giggling. He noticed he was on the phone and addressed Evelyn once again.

As if he hadn't once before started the conversation.

"Hi Eveeee! Brad drovee me homeee from s'clubb. M'gonna throw up Eveeee." Evelyn crinkled her nose at the sound of her boyfriend vomiting. Sighing, she opened her door and hustled her jacket onto her arm.

"Sit tight Patrick I'll be there in twenty minutes," Evelyn closed the phone and shoved it into her back pocket. She then called out to Michael, "Michael I'm going to go to Patrick's."

Michael came into her view and nodded, crossing his arms as he spoke, "When you come back the rest of the boys and Hailey will probably be here. Just a heads up."

He didn't hear their conversation. If he did, he would've made Evelyn break up with him.

There was no way he'd let her be with something so worthless.

Evelyn nodded and closed the door behind herself. She believed their relationship was savable.

She knew it could be; she loved him and he loved her.

Dragging herself to his place, she knocked on the door loudly, knowing he wouldn't hear it otherwise. Evelyn heard stumbling and crashing from inside the house.

A fumbling with the front door happened before the sound stopped and Patrick spoke, "I can't open the dooorrrr." Evelyn sighed and reached under the rock right next to his big red door, pulling out a key.

She unlocked the door to see her boyfriend barely standing.

"Hi babe," Patrick slurred, falling against her as she sighed, closing the front door behind her. She helped him take off his clothes and get in the shower, putting him a new change of clothes on his bed.

He always called her drunken as she came to his apartment, knowing he'd probably be asleep on the floor without her. He did this every time he went out: get drunk, call her, and fall asleep.

He finally got out of the shower and slumped against her, asleep. His head fell in her lap as she sighed, running her fingers through his hair, watching him peacefully sleep.

Evelyn got up and walked to the bathroom, fixing her reflection before grabbing her coat and leaving.

Slowly she walked the long way back to her house, since she refused to drive. As usual. It was only three miles in total to be fair.

She could run that easily.

She finally reached her home and pulled out her keys, opening the door.

She saw her Dad on the phone, pacing and talking in a stern voice. She quickly kissed him on the cheek as he smiled slightly before continuing the conversation.