62- Come with Me

Mornings absolutely suck. They do, in every single fucking way.

How many times have I said that already.

Evelyn groaned at the sound of her alarm, rolling over in bed. A headache located behind her eyes pained her reminded her of the terrible drinking choices she made the night before. Terrible fucking choice- in fact, horrible.

A nauseous feeling settled in her stomach; the feeling of throwing up was all she could think about- all she could even focus on. Frustrated with the ringing in her head from the alarm, the girl reached out to turn it off.

Unfortunately, in that poor attempt, she fell over, screaming all the way down.

She clambered at the bed, at the covers, trying to hold herself, but it was far too late and far too little. Evelyn hit the ground with a thud.

"Fucking hell," She groaned in pain, her back tingling with all the wrong spots hit. The pain shocked her body, her nerve endings hurt, and clenching in her back. Barely could she open her eyes, still sensitive to the light in her eyes.

A rushing of footsteps invaded the air as Michael rushed in. She was surprised to see him, considering they never spoke anymore. It wasn't like she wanted to cut him out, but Evelyn definitely needed space.

Space does not include rushing into her bedroom bright and early.

This is awkward.

So unbelievably awkward.

But what was even more awkward was seeing Luke in her view, standing next to Michael.

All the faded memories of last night flooded back. She stared at him, her hands tightening into the ground.

"I'm fine," She swallowed, standing up and turning to her bed.

Luke nodded, more to himself, turning around and stepping away- out of the room. It was a soft presence, but his exit was harrowing.

She slipped on some random pair of sweatpants and a light blue t-shirt, loose enough to reach her thighs. They were faded from the many cycles they endured through the wash.

Whatever mattered, dressing for school did not.

Evelyn stepped out into the kitchen, Michael and Luke already sipping on coffee and eating cereal. They sat on opposite sides of each other, not talking but not ignoring each other.

"Hi Eve," Michael softly spoke, breaking the silence of the air. Evelyn looked up, just for a second to meet his weary eyes.

Without a response, she skirted past them. There was no need for her to speak, to say anything. Evelyn was just slightly afraid that if she spoke a single word, she would start crying.

Not something I feel like doing in front of my ex-boyfriend and my brother.

She sighed, rubbing her messy hair out of her face. The Lucky Charm box made her flinch, just for a moment. Evelyn took a deep breath, retracting her hand from near it.

Luke noticed.

Luke watched as she passed it, her soft hand reaching for some random brand instead.

He softly laughed to himself, though nothing was funny about the case.

Of course, she can't even eat the cereal that she loved. Because of me.

Luke mumbled the name of the brand to himself, "Weetabix."

Her head shot up, able to hear a word but not exactly what he said. It was fuzzy, the way it would when one doesn't pay attention.