69- I Love You

hey everyone! i hope you're doing well. before you read this, go back and read a couple chapters, just to get back to where we were! i've put a lot of thought into this chapter, and i've come to the conclusion that it is going to be the last. i've tried to think through what i could possibly continue with, but i can't see it going further considering our conflict has been resolved.

don't worry- i wont let you leave without some good old smut :)

i'm working on a new fic! neighbor-lrh. it's exciting!!! when you're done with this, take a look!

and when u guys get a chance, check out @overandovercal 's fic!'s fics!! she's an excellent writer and i've known her pretty much since i started on this app. it's worth it :)))

Evelyn felt bad about the wasted money that came with her missing her plane ticket. After Luke had convinced her to stay for a while, they sat in the small coffee place in the airport, trying to talk everything out.

"So it was Michael?" She asked softly, her eyes wide at the realization. Of course, she knew that he wanted nothing to do with Luke and Evelyn, but she didn't think Michael would go as far as to actually break them up.

Luke sighed, running a hand through his hair, "I'm sorry, alright? I didn't mean to fall in love with her-"

Michael's eyebrows furrowed as he cut him off, "Shut up! Shut up about Eve."

He tossed the bottle onto a nearby couch, turning back to Luke with his arms crossed, "I won't go back home until you break up with her."

"What?" Ashton spoke in disbelief. Luke froze in his place as Michael continued his slurred, drunken talk.

Michael ignored him, staring straight at Luke, "You don't even deserve her. I want you out of her life for good. Only then will I come back."

"He thought he was doing what was best for you," Luke tried to justify her brother, knowing that he bore no more resentment towards him anymore. Yes, Michael was the reason they had been separate for so long, but without him, Luke would never have caught her in time to make up with her. So, in a way, he did have Michael to thank. 

"But to threaten you with my mom? It's unbelievable," She scoffed, trying her to hardest not to get overly upset at her brother's actions.

Luke pressed his lips to her forehead, calming her down instantly, "I would do anything to make sure you were not hurt. Even if it meant I was losing you."

They stared at each other, eye contact intense as it hadn't ever been before. He refused to tell her anything about Patrick being in her mother's house, for the sake of her sanity. Luke just got her back- he was not going to do anything to lose her.

There was a pause.

His hand cupped her face as she rested against it, "Why did you want to fix things with Calum? With everything he had done to us?"

Luke paused before speaking, "I think I needed to, to make things back to normal. I couldn't stand him hurting you, and I know he's a friend of yours."

"He's your friend too," Evelyn replied softly. He nodded softly.

Luke began to drive them back to his place, to talk things out in a more, private place.

That bad feeling in her chest over the wasted money didn't last long, however, when she felt Luke's hand gripping her thigh tightly. There were so many intimate emotions being felt between them- so many things that weren't being said but were floating in the air.

His thumb traced circles on her skin, sending chills up her spine. Evelyn tilted her head to the side as her eyes fluttered closed, feeling his hand slide higher and higher. The roads around her did little to distract her from the feeling of his hand on her. It had been a long time, such a long time.