Chapter Forty-five

Chapter Forty-five

-

"You haven't eaten in awhile," one of the girls Luke made friends with pointed out as they sat together at lunch. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Luke dismissed looking down at the table. He didn't want to deal with harassment over not eating. His mother, Ashton and Jack had all been breathing down his back about it after his doctor appointment two days before.

"You've lost weight as well," the other girl remarked noticing the blondes slimmer figure as well as the clothes which hung off his shoulders again. He smiled slightly at the achievement as it was obviously obvious. "You look like what you did when you got back here."

"Yeah, my therapist said my weight will fluctuate and my eating patterns which change every now and again. Don't worry though, I'm being taken care of," Luke half lied. He was being taken care of, but he was determined to lose more weight. Likewise, Alex did tell him it would be normal to lose weight and to not be in the mood for eating occasionally.

"Okay, if you're sure," the first girl smiled sadly giving the boy a small hug. "Like we said you looked good even though you had a little fat on you," she reminded him.

"Yeah, it was something different for a boy here and it was actually a good different."

Luke nodded but did not really care. "Thank you." He really did not feel like being at school today, he really was not in the mood. He slipped his hand into his pocket and felt around for the ten dollar note his mother had given him for lunch.

"What class have you got next?" the second girl asked watching her friend seem like he was in a completely different world.

"Uh, I don't know," he shrugged. "I think I'm going to go off for a walk before next lesson. Sorry for being such a bore today," he smiled before standing up and placing one strap of his backpack over his shoulder. "Bye," he waved.

"Bye," they smiled waving him off. They were a little suspicious of his behaviour yet felt that they couldn't do anything about it. He wouldn't let them.

-

He didn't know how he had managed to do it, but Luke had somehow snuck himself out of school for the remaining three hours of the afternoon. He knew they would discover that he wasn't in the lesson and call home. However, Luke knew his mother would barely even punish him.

On top of that, he was also unsure of where he was even going. A part of him wanted to turn up at Ashton's work but he knew all too well his boyfriend would yell at him. It scared the younger boy when Ashton shouted.

Therefore, he avoided that option and hesitated upon heading to the local book shop. He hadn't opened a book since he'd left the ward and really wanted a new read. Something which would give him a little inspiration in life, alongside allow him to create a new imaginary world inside of his head.

His psychosis allowed him to that really well. That was one of the positive aspects of it, you could say. But, now he was on medication, Luke struggled to just make up worlds without the inspiration from books or films.

Consequently, he decided to head to the nearest book shop, the one he spent most of his money in as a child and a teen. He couldn't wait to get back there, he actually wondered if the shopkeeper, Gerald, would remember him. He always used to talk to him.

Surprisingly to Luke it didn't feel weird walking down a street when he was supposed to be in school. He didn't feel like he was doing anything wrong, and he didn't know if that was a bad thing or not.