Chapter Twenty-eight

-

When Luke woke up the next morning, from where he slept in Ashton's bed. Curled up and tangled amongst the elder's limbs, he discovered that he was alone.

Panicking the blonde turned onto his front to read the time on the digital clock. It read quarter to eight.

He couldn't think we're the curly haired boy could be during this time in the morning. Luke knew his boyfriend feel asleep rather upset and agitated last night but failed to tell the younger boy why.

However, Ashton was always there in the morning to cuddle Luke and tell him he was beautiful. Prepare him for a day of eating more food and gaining more weight. Tell him it was okay.

He was not there to do that this morning though. And Luke could only assume that he'd gone to the gym to maybe get rid of the emotions he had yesterday. And Luke could only hope his boyfriend would return for breakfast which took place in forty-five minutes.

-

"Where's Ashton?" Michael asked when the blonde took a seat opposite him and Calum at breakfast.

Luke shrugged. "Don't know. He wasn't there when I woke up this morning either," the blonde admitted with a hint of sadness.

He didn't want to eat. He never did in the morning. But with Ashton persuading him through the build up to the first meal of the day he always managed to consume something.

The anorexic felt so fat currently and felt unable to look at food yet alone eat it.

"That's strange," Calum said. "Do you know where he could be?"

Again Luke shrugged doubtfully. "I thought he went to the gym. But he wouldn't be gone this long." Then with a sense of hesitance, he asked. "Would he?"

"Probably not," Calum smiled sympathetically.

"Don't worry. He couldn't have gone far. After all, there are high metal fences surrounding this place," Michael chuckled slightly remembering the time he first entered here over a year ago.

Luke let out a small smile but was soon frowning when a nurse placed a bowl of porridge in front of him.

His blue eyes only flickered not was a second to take a glance at the disgusting texture of the porridge before focussing on his lap.

Luke was determined not to eat anything. He couldn't eat anything.

"Come on Luke, eat up. You've been doing so well," Michael encouraged a couple of minutes after he got the dish of porridge.

Sighing, Luke took hold of the metal spoon. His hand was shaking violently as he lifted it and put it into the food. His actions were so slow it was as if the blonde was set in slow motion mode.

Regretfully Luke swallowed a small spoonful of the breakfast and panic began to set in. He wouldn't eat anymore and he needed to throw up the little bit he had consumed.

Yet he doubts he was getting out of here without eating it all. Luckily for him, he had other plans.

Looking round the room, the anorexic made sure all nurses were focused on anything but him. Likewise, Michael was talking to someone on the table behind him and Calum was sort of engaged in the conversation too.