Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

-

Therapy is about every kid's nightmare when people are telling you to get help but all they really want is a hug.

Hence why the physician has to be experienced in many things; but most assuredly in rubbing. For rubbing can bind a joint that is too loose, and loosen a joint that is too rigid.

Two days had passed since the blonde sat in Victoria's office and exposed more to her than he would of life, yet he couldn't help it because Luke wanted her to know; others did not.

Likewise, Victoria has been working with troubled teens for many decades, therefore, knew how to get inside of them to pry on the secret information they did not want to slip from the tip of their tongue.

It was cruel, the technique and the effects afterwards on the patient after they realise what they had just done were not always pleasant. But it had to be done, information was needed to mend a patient the best they could.

Psychiatric hospitals are similar to the everyday hospitals you'd go to if you broke your arm. They both require information for you to get better. Just in the psychiatric hospital, it took pressure to get it out of one.

Fortunately for Victoria, she got it out of Luke pretty quickly most likely due to the fact he was vulnerable. Vulnerable to society. Vulnerable to himself. Vulnerable to his head.

The women did not tell the anorexic where Alex was and she also deliberately forgot to tell Luke that she was going to take over his sessions. Currently, with his decisions, she was wondering if he'd be able to cope by himself, without the moral support of Alex who was generally always by his side.

She did see Luke, however, walk to the grey haired man's office multiple times each day to see if he was there. Of course, he wasn't, he'd spent the last couple of days in his room learning new things, his patients didn't know that though just carried on as normal with a different therapist. Except for Luke.

-

Currently, he could really do with Alex, to give him some useful advice on how to handle the situation which he was about to advance through.

Sitting on a sofa, his legs curled beside him instead on dangling off the edge and touching the carpet. He looked so small, so young. And it's times like this person would ask themselves why people have to suffer.

Adverting his ocean blue eyes around the room the blonde could not help but smile at the few patients which were exchanging conversations and warming hand touches. If only his dad was like that.

Alongside watching others, Luke's eyes kept flickering over to the door awaiting his father's arrival. A part of him wished he'd never turn up yet there was the other part which hoped he'd changed and would act differently.

He didn't want him to act differently because of his mental illness and eating disorder but instead because he's learnt since he had last visited the Hemmings household four years ago when Luke was eleven.

Being a lighting technician meant Mr Hemmings spent the majority of his time on film sets in America.

Luke recalled all the photos he had been showed of his father and partially famous actors and actresses. On top of that, a number of times he's just watched the titles at the end of a film to see him fathers name pass down.

"Deep in thought like always." He was snapped out of his memories by the slightly familiar voice of his father. It wasn't welcoming though, the tone he spoke in had hints of disappointment in.