Chapter Twenty-six

Chapter Twenty-six

-

You can not solve problems by using the same thinking you used when you created them.

That is how Luke had begun thinking again. He was improving with his mental illness of psychosis but his eating disorder of anorexia was seemingly getting worse and worse.

Whenever Alex asked Luke how he felt about his body, the blonde always says he felt fat. He needed so badly to loose weight.

It was like they were back to square one.

The only positive thing that Alex liked about the blondes unique eating disorder was that he always spoke what he was feeling. He never told Alex that he was okay and was getting better. He would tell the truth.

Luke had been on the medication for three days and there was not likely to be any signs of progress from that, however, every morning to keep him going through the day. Alex would have a session with him.

And at night. Either Sid or Victoria would meet with him to ensure he had eaten throughout the day and had not been majorly mentally attacked by his demons.

-

Sitting in his morning session currently. Alex observed Luke. Over the past three days of also having laxatives Luke had non-stop been on the toilet and lost all of his swollen belly. His skin was a little loose though and stretch marks still remained on his hips and lower back. The man had given him some cream to apply though.

It was once again evident at how unhealthily underweight the patient was. And there was the slight problem of the blonde struggling and refusing to eat.

"I am going to make this session short Luke," Alex admitted. "I want you to do me a favour today."

The blonde sighed. Generally, favours involved the blonde doing something he really did not want to do. Like eating.
"Depends on what it is?" Luke argued.

"Today, I want you to have fun. Spend some time with Ashton, Calum and Michael. I feel that since you have been here you have been surrounded by adults so far to sort out your problems. But today I want you to enjoy yourself and spend time with people your own age."

The anorexic smiled at the kind thought. "I will try and have fun." Sometimes his mind took over all happiness he was allowed to have. And thoughts kicked in.

"Thank you," the grey haired man said happily as he opened up Luke's file.

Their past two sessions had been good. Luke had opened up a lot. But he was not making any progress so far. If anything he was going backwards.

"I have five questions and I want you to answer honestly about which one you would prefer to have."

"Okay," Luke nodded. Sat on the edge of his chair with his hands underneath his stick thin legs as he swung them back and forth nervously. Sessions still made him nervous even though he was used to them.

"Pizza or collarbones?" Alex asked.

The question took the blonde by surprise because it was so simple and not closely relevant to himself. "Collarbones," Luke admitted truthfully.