Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

-

"I'm not mental," the blonde blurted out as he sat in front of Alex the next morning. His breakfast in front of him on the table.

After Victoria dismissed him without having to eat his dinner all that crossed his mind was that everyone now thought he had something wrong in his head.

"I never said you were?" Alex raised an eyebrow curiously at his anorexic patient. "Why would you think that?"

Shying away the blonde looked down and fiddled with his fingers. Sighing Alex got up putting pressure on his elbows and moved to sit next to Luke. His larger knees touching the blondes extremely thin ones.

"Can I ask you some questions, Luke? You don't have to answer them. But only answer honestly, if you're going to lie don't bother answering at all."

Nodding Luke looked down at the light grey carpet which had various stains on that he didn't want to imagine what caused them. The blonde thought he'd probably be remaining silent a lot as he was not one for sharing stuff.

"Do you hear things?"

Sarcastically with a chuckled Luke replied. "Of course I do. I have working ears!"

Biting his cheek in temptation not to smirk Alex rephrased the question. "Do you hear voices in your head, Luke?"

The smugness vanished from the anorexics face and he once again looked down gloomily. "No," he admitted.

"Are you sure?" the grey-haired man queried before sighing. "The truth is always the best Luke. Because if you do hear voices its best to tell us now. Or tell me and we can discuss who you want to know. It's better to get it treated sooner than later before your eating disorder kills you. If you do hear voices then we can sort them out and maybe you'll be able to eat more freely."

"I don't want to get fat," the blonde retorted misunderstanding the explanation. Luke didn't care what happened if people did find out stuff he didn't want them too. The only thing he didn't want to happen was to gain weight. In his blue eyes, he still had a lot to lose.

Sighing Alex got up and stood freely in the middle of the room. "Do you like talking, Luke?"

The blonde stared at him wondering why he was so strange. He wore grey jeans accompanied by a pair of vans and on top a plain dark blue shirt tucked in.

"Depends on who it is," Luke shrugged his eyes roaming the room unable to look into Alex's own ones.

Noticing this Alex commented. "Sit wherever you want, you don't even have to look at me as long as I can hear you."

Taken aback the blonde started and remained seated on the sofa as if he were paralysed. To him, it was considered rude not to at least look at the speaker whilst they're communicating with you. However, his therapist was suggesting the opposite.

"Do you like looking out of windows. Often people with imaginations like you will be more open when you can look out into the open. Do you want to give that a try?" the grey-haired man offered.

Before giving a simple reply Luke queried. "You're different?"

Alex wasn't taken aback at all even though the statement could be good or bad. "Thanks, it'll be boring if I were like everyone else. You're like no one else I have met before Luke. You're rather intriguing."

Smiling the blonde looked up with a glint in his ocean blue eyes. "Did you know you see your nose all the time but your brain chooses to ignore it."