Chapter Fifty-one

Chapter Fifty-one

-

Sports has never been Luke's forte. However, after a game of dodgeball, he had a fair share of hits. Many knocking the frail sixteen-year-old to the ground. He was like a sprouting sapling in a strong wind.

After getting changed in the toilet, not wanting any of the boys to see his puny body. It embarrassed him that he was so childlike in structure compared to their muscular builds.

With one strap of his backpack draped over his shoulder, the starving boy slowly walked through the halls to the dining room to sit with the usual girls.

"Hey, Luke!" one of them called out to him as the two of them joined his side. He smiled at them both, his vision too blurry to make out their faces properly. He was also walking all over the place as well. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he dismissed them feeling his body heat up dramatically and sweat form on his body. He was not sure how it was possible because his skin was as cold as ice. With everything spinning and his head not coordinating right, Luke had no other option to cling onto the girl to his left.

"Luke, what's wrong?" she gasped feeling a sudden strong grasp on her small arm. She noticed his eyes were squinted and his mouth was moving. But no words would escape. "Luke?"

Black dots filled his vision as he swayed, even more, the other girl supporting him from behind. "We need to get him help," she quickly told the other.

"What's wrong with him?" she asked extremely scared by her friend's current state.

"He seems like he's going to faint."

"I don't think he's eating again."

"Most likely. Go and get a teacher!" she quickly urged the other noticing the boys eyes fluttering closed. She lowered him to the floor, laying his head in her lap and looked down at the struggling boy. She knew he'd collapsed a few times at school before, but surely now someone had to be suspicious.

The other quickly hurried back with the coach not far behind her. "What happened?" he asked in a rushed and hurried state, looking at the pale and passed out boy on the floor. There was now a group of students gathering around, wondering what was happening.

"He was dizzy and now he's collapsed," the girl who had the blonde in her lap explained.

Nodding, he bent down to pick the young boy up and quickly escorted the boy to the nurse's' office to be looked at. Whilst doing so he was incredibly worried by how light the sixteen-year-old was. He was concerned enough when he kept getting knocked over in dodgeball.

"Who's that there?" the nurse called down the corridor as soon as she saw the coach carrying someone.

"Luke," he called down to her as he grew closer to her room.

"What a surprise," she muttered with a sigh, quickly getting his records up on the screen.

"How so?" he asked placing the boy on the bed in the room.

"Third time in a month," she told him looking over at the boy. He was breathing, but his eyes still remained closed. She also noticed he looked a lot worse than just two weeks ago.