Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty

-

"I missed you," Alex said as Liz opened the front door.

"You seen me less than twenty four hours ago," Liz laughed with a huge grin on her face. Alex leaned forward and placed a small kiss on her lips which both wished was more.

"Too long," he moaned stepping inside of her home, admiring the decor. "Luke's at school?" he asked knowing they were going to talk to Jack before Luke.

"Yeah," Liz confirmed heading into the kitchen with the man following her. "Jack is in his room and Ashton is right here," she said gesturing to the boy who was sat at the table.

"Looking good Ashton," Alex remarked knowing he had not had many relapses since being out of the ward. "I've heard you've been doing well."

"I have," the curly haired boy nodded with a smile. "I also got a place of my own and I got a job," he informed Alex. "I'm a man now," he joked.

"The beard says it all," the grey haired man agreed as he thanked Liz for the coffee.

"Liz told me you're here to see Luke," Ashton said, his voice changing to a more darker tone.

"Just to check up on him, make sure he's still healthy," Alex agreed watching the worry on the younger boys face.

"He's really not healthy. Mentally and physically," he told him. "Sometimes I doubt our relationship because he lies so much," he revealed.

Liz never knew this and spun round fully into the conversation now. "It's not Luke lying, it's his eating disorder," Alex said sternly making sure he understood. If Luke was at his worst again like everyone was saying, the last thing he needed was heartbreak.

The curly haired boy just nodded not sure what to believe. After all the boy he loves the most lies to him all the time. What's stopping anyone else.

"Jack!" Liz yelled up the staircase to her middle son.

"What?" he yelled back in response.

"Get down here!" she then turned to look at the two males. "Shall we continue this in the living room."

When Jack made it down the stairs and saw Alex sat in with them he rolled his eyes. "I don't want to talk about Luke," he scoffed. "He's a pathetic little boy."

Liz sighed hating that her son said this stuff about his brother. It hurt her that he thought of him like this.

Alex watched the boy intently like he was trained to. He noticed how the boy seemed to be waiting for his mother to respond and when she didn't, he got more angrier. "You're not going to stand up for you precious little boy then?" he seethed glaring right at his mother.

"Jack please," Liz begged hating the grey haired man seeing her well-raised family like this.

"No, all he does is lie and you let him. He's so fucking pathetic!"

"Jack," it was Alex that warned him this time. "I suggest you stop speaking to your mother like that."

"Fuck you," the middle son boiled not liking that his mother now had yet another person to care about.