Chapter Two

Chapter Two

-

"I think you're over-exaggerating a little bit mum, it's probably nothing," the eldest of the three sons spoke down the phone to his mother.

"No, he's so skinny and he hasn't been eating lately. It's not right," she quickly replied almost in pieces that her youngest son was destroying himself.

"Mum-" Ben began to calm his mother. She'd called him because for a week now her youngest son had refused to eat anything. Maybe getting a snack, but she wasn't sure. But what she was certain of was he definitely wasn't at a healthy weight. "I'm sure he's just lost his baby fat," Ben suggested.

"No. Please come round," she begged not sure if she could survive or confront Luke on her own.

-

Hence why the eldest of the boys were sat in the kitchen on a Friday morning. Bags under his eyes from worrying about what his mother had told him last night.

"I'm supposed to be at work," he reminded his mother who had always been keen on her sons working and making their own money. She'd always gave them limited pocket money, and refuse to pay for the cinema as the money she and her husband made wasn't something to waste.

"I know," she smiled sympathetically whilst placing a mug full of steamy coffee in front of him. Just the way she remembered he liked it. Then sliding into the seat next to him she inspected Ben. Her blue eyes flickering up and down his body glad two out of three of her sons were alright.

It had now been two months since the blonde boy had seen the news report on the rising cases of eating disorders through teenagers. The report focused on girls yet Luke knew it would work on himself. He was a smart boy and knew the science behind eating. A little more research and he could trick his stomach.

At first, he tried purging, that's what seemed more relevant as his family would obviously get suspicious if he didn't eat. Luke would admit it was painful at first yet kept his weight decreasing.

Every day he'd finish eating his small portion of whatever he was given then find himself on the floor of his on-suite with his fingers down his throat.

Luke's throat got sore often and had to always retain his overprotective mother from taking him to the doctors to get it checked out.

However, then his weight stayed at a low one hundred and twenty which he was not going to accept. Reality showed a scrawny teenager however the mirror lied with chubby boy staring back at him.

It had been six months since Ben had set eyes upon his youngest sibling. Therefore, when the previous night his mother said that he was too skinny therefore Ben assumed maybe he now looked average hence he was previously overweight.

"You looked tired," Ben told his mother who was sipping on her own tea, in a mug that the boys brought her for Mother's Day. The phrase 'worlds best mum' printed across it.

Letting out a small laugh she placed her head in her hands. "Luke's been worrying me, am I being stupid?" she asked considering that her mothering side had been overreacting to Luke's weight loss.

"Probably," Ben agreed glad his mother was coming to some sense. "Like I said he probably just looks different from losing some weight."

"Who, Luke?" Jack asked staggering into the room, his pyjama bottoms halfway around his naked torso, therefore, dragging the floor slightly. His beard was unshaven and he didn't look much better than his mother.