Chapter Five

Chapter Five

-

Love, at first sight, is possible, but it pays to take a second look.

At first glance, Ashton saw a handsome blonde boy who's blue eyes sparked yet at second glance it showed a malnourished skeleton, something that would feature in his nightmares.

"Ashton, this is your new roommate we've been discussing, Luke," Alex introduced the blonde who was trembling violently.

"Hey," Ashton smiled walking over and holding out a freakishly large hand. "There's no need to be nervous," the curly-haired boy smiled sympathetically as he took Luke's cold hand which was shaking violently.

"I'm not," Luke answered which came out rather defensively.

It was then Alex's turn to give out a sympathetic smile to Ashton as to apologise for the blonde's actions. He already knew this but the older man reminded Ashton as Luke walked over to his bed which had his suitcase on top.

"Luke's anorexic. He's still not fully accepting of that, therefore, try not to use the word too much. However, expect him to be under energised and moody."

The curly-haired boy nodded understandingly as he looks over at his new roommate. "Where you from Luke?" he asked trying to make a conversation.

"Sydney," Luke revealed. They took a five-hour flight to Perth. Luke found it stupid. He didn't think he had anything wrong with him, therefore, thought wasting money on flights was ridiculous. To his mother and every other person, it was well needed and totally rational.

Ashton nodded and said. "Me too!" a little too over-enthusiastically. He was about to ask what part when another voice interrupted his own.

"Hey, Ash," a green-haired giant called from the door. "Have you heard there is a new guy here?"

Luke jumped at the rather deep voice and turned towards the door to see a pale, green-haired boy stood in their bedroom door. His face brews a mischievous look as did the glint in his emerald eyes.

Not far behind stood a tan boy who you could be mistaken for Asian if you did not double-check. His pubescent face had chiselled features which Luke envied as he studied the sad look in his chocolate-brown orbs.

Before either of the boys inside the room could answer Alex stepped forward and queried. "And how is it that you have come across this information, Clifford?"

As far as the ageing man knew he had not revealed to anyone but Ashton and his co-workers about a new troublesome boy being admitted to the facility, therefore, was a little concerned as to why confidential information was being spread.

"Lewis told me he saw a skinny blonde boy who he had never seen before," Michael revealed not bothering to disguise any names. His emerald eyes then adverted to the blonde boy who fitted the description perfectly.

Luke stood nervously with his head slightly down. His feet turned inwards, the converse he wore made his ankles look tiny. His hands covered by sweater paws as if he were a child in adult clothes.

Pointing his index finger at Luke the green-haired boy asked, "Is that him?" Michael didn't mean to be rude, it just came out and Alex expected it sooner or later. Michael and Luke didn't seem the best pair to put together. The pale boy was sure to say something to make the anorexic boy insecure.

Sighing Alex nodded, "Michael, this is Luke. Luke this is Michael."

Luke studied the boy envying how yet he still had a small bit of fat on him he still looked skinnier than himself.