Chapter Four

Chapter Four

-

Luke was trapped. White wash walls confined a little over a hundred troubled teens at Milton Psychiatric Ward. And the blonde was now one of them.

After his mother checked him in. Planting multiple I'll miss you kisses over his hollow cheeks she left her youngest son to sit in a waiting room to be collected by someone.

Liz was devastated, of course, that it had come this far. That even after a week at a normal hospital with specialised staff, no one could get the boy to consume anything which would contain a calorie. He'd throw a fit or try to vomit the contents back up. She never knew he could be this stubborn and that was what scared her the most. His attitude and approach towards life

Her heart ached when she'd be asked to leave his side so that her fifteen-year-old son could occasionally have food shoved down his throat. Then instantly after he'd try to throw it up. That was certainly one thing she wanted to put to an end. Honestly, Liz would rather have her son die than be unhappy.

Nothing was as bad when he went missing, not being watched the blonde took the opportunity to wander around and found a craved item. It didn't take long seeing as surgeons used them often and self-harming patients were not usually allowed to wander round premises alone. Yet, fortunately, the fifteen-year-old did.

Using and hiding a blade, nurses searched far and wide for the item he denied using although the seven deep gashes were enough evidence to know he didn't just actually scratch himself with his nails. Plus the hospital made sure they were clipped so they would not draw blood to the skin.

Shocked and scared to hell of what her son was capable and exposed to she questioned him daily yet he remained mute for the majority of the time. She knew she had to send the broken blonde away. Even if it meant having to deal with the heartache of two loved ones missing from the Hemmings household now.

Yet, leaving her son without seeing him at a psychiatric ward did not concern her. Possibly because she had a close connection with one certain employee. As well as the fact she knew if he were force fed it would be done certainly more professionally. Therefore, maybe Luke wouldn't cry from pain.

-

Luke's eyes trailed around the empty reception, he was still so uncertain as to why he was here. As far as he was concerned there was nothing wrong with him. He was especially not psycho which he would define the reasons for being hospitalised was.

The word anorexic he was being described as stung him like a wasp. The boy could simply not understand why if he were fat that he was diagnosed with an eating disorder which implies you were underweight. Although doctors claimed he was drastically underweight, Luke still believe he was overweight. It hurt to be compared to a beautiful skinny person when his belly jiggled at each step to his eye.

Turning to look at the chair next to him Luke decided to make a conversation with the young boy sat next to him. To the blonde, he looked around ten. His hair also a dirty blonde colour and his complexion pale.

"Hi," Luke smiled down at him. His blue eyes envying how skinny the little one looked despite not knowing he was emaciated, himself.

"Hello," the little boys spoke looking up at the blonde, a look of fear crossing his face. "Why are you here?" he asked, curiosity crossing his tone as he inspected Luke body.

Crossing his thin arms over his body uncomfortably Luke admitted. "Anorexia." He didn't believe it yet it was the reason why he was placed in here.