Chapter Thirty-four

Chapter Thirty-four

-

"Where the hell could he have gone?" the grey haired man asked completely puzzled by the young blonde disappearance.

"We could have just missed him and he's returned to his room now," Victoria suggested hopefully as the two walked side by side. Exhausted after searching all over the psychiatric ward.

"Possibly. But where was he when he did not turn up to your session? It concerns me that he's been doing something he shouldn't have been," Alex admitted a little anxious.

"Like what?" the women questioned a little uneasy as well.

"All sorts of stuff. Exercising, purging, harming and the list goes on. He still recovering and his weight is still deadly low and I have a feeling it's dropped even more over the last couple of days."

"Alex," Victoria sighed placing her hand on his shoulder. "He's doing well. I know he's not doing well in the sense of eating and recognising his body. But, he no longer hears those voices. The medication is working and I think we need to trust him a lot more. He's been here a while now and he needs our trust. Without that, he is going to do these things just to prove a point."

"I know," the man agreed opening up the blonde's door to see if he'd hopefully returned. But there was no sight of him in his room. "But you don't understand how much he means to me. He's like a son to me nowadays and I hate just the smallest bad thing happening to him."

The women nodded. She knew Alex loved the blonde dearly and hated to see him in a state. "So, what do you suggest we do then?"

"Call the police I suppose. But then again we should check security cameras first incase we can trace his moves."

The women thought of other places the blonde could be. "Have you checked the roof?" she asked.

"No, but all entrances are secured with a strong padlock."

"Which skilled people know how to pick," Victoria added.

"Luke wouldn't though," Alex protested knowing his patient too well. He was too innocent to do that.

"He's an extremely smart boy Alex, you should know that," Victoria hinted as she pushed the man out of the room and headed towards the nearest roof entrance. "And he has had a lot of spare time on his hands whilst he is here."

"That doesn't mean he will go around and pick locks," the grey haired man laughed at how silly that sounded. He knew too well that Luke read books all the time. He borrowed many from the library.

"Well, you don't know your own patient then," Victoria raised her eyebrow critically. "Or he does not trust you enough to tell, which is funny because I am a million times stricter," she chuckled.

"He does not?" the therapist asked shocked. The woman nodded. "How the hell did you find that out?"

"He told me," she shrugged simply. "He also told me he knows how to get round this whole ward without getting caught by a single camera."

"It's impossible!" Alex shook his head in disbelief.

"It's not. I asked security and they said it's possible if timed correctly."