Chapter Twenty-five

Chapter Twenty-five

-

Understanding is acceptance.

Only with acceptance comes recovery. Therefore, the best thing one can do when it's raining is let it rain.

Luke needed to understand what he was suffering with fully to start off with. After that, he needed to accept that he had these problems and that he would need to get better. And recovery would then be in full flow.

However, it was not easy to accept random problems which people were just diagnosed you with. It was like an insult which struck you hard in the heart.

That is why it would take a very long talk to get Luke to understand he had psychosis and maybe just maybe he would accept the disorder like he was beginning to do with anorexia.

The blonde refused to let Ashton touch him because he believed that he was mental and had this mental disorder. He also refused to sit anywhere near the three therapists who were trying to call him mental as well. He simply believed he was one hundred percent not mental.

Sitting in his usual seat, the one by the window which out looked onto the psychiatric garden, Luke wondered if he would be able to go out there soon. Maybe with Ashton if he trusted him again.

There was rain falling heavily from the dark sky filled with cumulus nimbus storm clouds. It was one of those summer storms.

Luke watched each drop of rain patter against the glass window pane and fall down slowly leaving tracks. They represented his emotions right now. The clouds were his brain, so confused and the rain droplets were the tears which represented every single emotion.

His knees were brought up to his chin and he looked so small to everyone that it was concerning. Seeing as his stomach had been swollen they had forgotten that he was deathly thin still.

"Talk to us, Luke. Tell us how you are feeling," Victoria tried to urge out of the blonde.

He continued to ignore her. Luke felt none of them was worthy of his thoughts since they thought so poorly of him. Well, that is what he thought.

"Come on Luke," Alex then pressed. "You love talking to me in our sessions. You are a very opinionated person. Yell at us. Tell us whatever you are feeling. It can be as harsh as you wish," he tried to persuade the blonde.

By how tense he was looking the grey haired man suspected he was angry. Hell, Alex himself would be angry if someone tried to diagnose him with something he did not think he had. But if he understood that he did, the anger would go.

"Fuck you," the anorexic muttered harshly, giving a cold stare to his therapist. Someone who he actually once trusted.

"You have a problem Luke, we just want to help," Victoria stood up for her colleague because she could tell that Alex was hit hard by those words. Or more so the stare. He just sat there staring at the ground for a while like recovering from a crash.

"There is nothing fucking wrong with me. I think you are the one with the problem," the blonde sneered at the women.

It was as if he was on some type of mission to destroy everyone's self-esteem. And it had worked for Alex. Luke was a sweet boy and the therapist was used to taking harsh insults. But from a boy like Luke who meant quite a lot to the man it stung like a wasp had just flown straight into him.