Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter Fifty-nine

-

"One hundred and sixteen," Sid read the number from the scale allowed. Incredibly impressed the boy managed to gain six pounds in one week. "Must have eaten a lot this week," he commented.

The blonde looked down nervously, biting his lip. He didn't reply to the man's statement but neither did he know that his therapist was aware that he binged this week. It was stupid of him not to assume Alex would have told him. Either way, Luke was embarrassed.

Sid noticed the look of shame on his face and wanted to put it to test. Whilst the blonde headed over to put his faded black vans on. The therapist headed over to a cupboard and pulled out three pieces of chocolate cake.

Out the corner of his eye, he watched Luke look over at him in panic. He knew the blonde didn't want to eat it that much. But, at the same time, he couldn't help but eat it.

Sis wanted to see how far the blonde will go before he decides to confront him or refuse to eat.

"Luke?" Sid called out, making the practically silent boy look up at him.

He didn't say anything but showed that his attention was on him as he looked directly into his therapist's eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked a little concerned by the boy's lack of communication and the tired look on his face.

"I'm fine," Luke dismissed before realising he had given it away that he obviously wasn't. Alex had taught him that the phrase 'I'm fine' really meant 'I'm not but leave me alone'.

"Really?" the older man raised an eyebrow suspiciously. Knowing too well there was something more than an eating disorder affecting the boy.

"Besides from being tried and having to eat sometimes then yes," Luke said trying to convince the man.

"Why are you tired?" he asked curiously knowing from Alex that the young boy was up a whole twenty-four hours one day of the week.

"I have so much school work to do." It wasn't a lie but he managed it all just fine.

"If you like I can write your school a letter explaining the situation you're in lately to allow you to take time on doing it?" Sid asked the boy wanting to his recovery to be one of his main focuses.

"It's fine, don't worry. I usually handle it but I just didn't this week."

Sid looked the sixteen-year old up and down. His black skinny jeans hanging off of his legs just like his grey jumper did off of his shoulders. The boy was so innocent looking yet Sid knew deep down he was hiding something and he needed to know what.

"I need to go fetch some paperwork. I'll be back soon," the man told the boy vaguely. Leaving him alone in his office.

The blonde's eyes flickered over to the cake thinking that Sid wanted him to eat it, even if he hadn't asked.

Gulping Luke sat in his usual chair and began to eat the cake. He wanted to do something right for once.

Whilst eating his hand reached under his long jumper sleeve and scratched viciously at his the scabs which were cuts he created.

He hates what he did to himself. From the eating to the cutting. But, Luke could never find something to make him truly happy with himself when Ashton was not around.

He needed to find a constant distraction. If he tried not to cut he would end up binging. If he was starving himself or alone he destroyed his skin even more. He didn't know what to do anymore.

Millions of thoughts flying around hectically in his head distracted the blonde from knowing he was eating three pieces of chocolate cake.

When Sid returned he was also shocked at what Luke had done and wanted to talk to him about how he felt and why he had done it. But he simply couldn't because he had to keep to his plan.

The man's eyes them flickered to where the blonde held the sleeve of his jumper tightly to his arm.

"Is your arm okay?" he asked with a slightly raised eyebrow. He was concerned yet more so suspicious.

"Yeah," Luke nodded.

"Why are you holding it then?"

"Just am," he shrugged not letting go.

"Can you let go?" the man asked taking a step forward noticing the blonde grip it tighter and wince in pain.

"I can," he agreed but still held on tightly.

"Then why aren't you letting go?" Sid crouched down in front of the boy. Looking up worriedly at him.

"Because I don't want to," he said in a quiet whisper.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to."

"You're making me suspicious Luke," Sid said calmly, trying not to make the young boy scared. He gently placed his hand on top of Luke's. The one holding his arm and gently tried to pry it off.

In defence, Luke raised his elbow at hit the man in the face. Knocking him back onto the floor. Doing what he knew best, the blonde ran out of the office and down the familiar corridor.

All the way to the car park where his mother was sat in the car reading a book. He quickly hurried into the passenger seat and sat beside his mother still holding his arm.

"You finished early," she remarked closing her book and glancing at the clock.

"Yeah. Sid has something to do and we did everything," he lied urging his mother to leave.

His heart was racing and his breathing was all over the place.

"Fair enough." She was a little confused but either way she started the car.

"Are you alright?" she asked noticing he seemed startled.

"Yeah."

She began to pull away from the parking space and head out of the carpark.

"Is that Sid?" she asked looking at her view mirror and seeing a man speedily heading out of the building doors.

"Possibly. He said he needs to be somewhere urgently."

"He's bleeding though?" Liz stopped the car to look round.

Luke was getting irritable and nervous.
"Mum! I want to go home now!"

-