Chapter Sixty-two

Chapter Sixty-two

-

"You're progressing quickly," Sid remarked at his patient stepped off of the scale. His weight now adding up to a grand total of one hundred and twenty-one. Still quite far from healthy or an ideal weight, but better than it had been just a month ago.

"Yeah, I guess so," he mumbled, still seeming down and rather reserved. The previous night the therapist had been told that no one could crack him or Jack open to admit the boy was most likely self-harming. Therefore, some point today Sid was going to take it upon himself to get Luke to open up about it all. Hopefully.

"What's wrong?" he asked raising an eyebrow at the monotone the sixteen-year-old spoke with. A tone which was usually buzzing with life.

"Nothing," Luke dismissed taking a seat in the normal chair, awaiting the same routine that took place every single week and it never got easier for the poor blonde. But, then again, Sid did not want it to.

Closing his eyes for a couple of seconds, absorbing the information that he now had to consume four pieces of cake, Luke prepared himself for tears later on. He simply could not believe he had to eat this much. No one ever ate this much cake. Luke would, though, and he hated himself for it.

For a while, the therapist sat silently, observing the young boy. He could see the anorexic was struggling by the faces he pulled. It was saddening to see the boy go through that, but Sid truly believed that Luke could only get better when he had suffered to the maximum.

"Do you count calories?" Sid spoke up causing Luke to jump. He hadn't heard noise in a while and he was too busy on concentrating eating the cake.

"Not anymore," he admitted honestly, he saw it pointless this time around. It was too time-consuming.

"Why not?" the elder asked curiously, leaning his chin against his hands. Surprised by the boy's response.

"It's pointless," he shrugged. "Plus, it does not matter how many calories you consume."

"Really?" Sid raised his eyebrow. This was new coming from the Luke, especially since he hated eating.

"You can always get rid of it all after," he admitted simply.

"That's not how it works Luke," the man warned him, sitting up, slightly concerned.

"Why not?" Luke questioned irritated. "If there is a method of getting rid of something then it is there to be used," he explained trying to reason with the man.

"Your body is not made to get rid of food, the acid from your stomach will destroy your body!" he exclaimed trying to get the point across to the blonde.

"I'm still fine and I have done it enough," he argues stubbornly.

"That's what you think. Have you been being sick Luke?" he asked, calming down again. He could see tears in the blonde's eyes and he knew it was due to the tone he was using.

"No. I don't do that anymore," he lied. He did it occasionally, but not even once a week nowadays.

"You sure?" he double-checked.

"I'm certain," Luke nodded, slipping the last bit of chocolate cake in his mouth. It always shocked the elder how fast the boy could consume the thick and filling chocolate cake.

"Not even when you binge?" he raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"I don't binge," Luke quickly shot back in defence, suddenly becoming rather insecure.

"Don't lie, Luke, lying is never going to get you anywhere. Both Ashton and Alex has informed me that they have caught you multiple times binging."

Luke looked down and frowned. He hated what he had done and even more so that people have caught him doing so. He noticed his stomach had hardened and was beginning to stick out a little. In a way, he thought, Sid had just witnessed him binging.

"How often do you lie?" Sid asked looking over at the boy.

"Not often," he lied, his eyes still remaining on his body. His mind roaming thoughts about what Sid's aim was with everything.

"Was that a lie?" the therapist laughed, shaking his head in amusement.

Slowly, Luke looked up and frowned. "No." He did not get what was so funny.

"Does Jack lie?"

"What?" he shot back shocked. He had no idea where that came from, and he did not know how to answer it.

"Does Jack lie?" he repeated himself, biting his lip.

"No," Luke replied bluntly. He thought all of this was so strange.

"Perfect family, huh?"

"No," he shook his head, wrapping his arms around his body. "Our mother just taught us not to lie."

"She would not be proud of you two for lying then," he smirked raising an eyebrow.

"I am not lying," he yelled back in annoyance.

"Jack told me you have been self-harming," Sid broke the argument, dropping a lie right there. Jack had not told him or anyone anything. He thought if he were to say this, though, Luke would finally come clean.

"He was lying then," Lule defended catching Alex off guard.

On the spot, the man had to collect evidence but he couldn't. With a sigh, the man pushed himself up and walked over to the window and looked down at the car park outside. "Your mother is outside."

Luke stared over at his therapist, his mouth hanging wide. Not once had he ever asked him to leave, or suggested it. He's always welcomed the boy to stay for longer. "Sid..." he began.

"I give up Luke," he raised his voice causing the small boy to jump once again. "Just leave."

Gulping the young boy nodded and headed over to the door. Part of the boy just wanting to come clean, pour all of his feelings out. But, he couldn't

-

"You're early again," his mother remarked as her son climbed into the car. She instantly noticed his shirt clung to a small stomach and frowned.

As he sat she leant over and wiped a crumb from the side of his mouth. "What's wrong Lukey?" she asked sadly.

"I ruin everyone."

-