Perfume (Kuroko x Reader)

"Kuroko-kun, what perfume do you use?"

Kuroko looked at you over the book he was reading. "Why do you ask, (L/N)-san?"

"Well," you fiddled with your fingers and blushed. "There's this new trend in my class. It's really popular for girls to use their lovers' perfume, you see. I want to do that too."

"But, (L/N)-san, we're not lovers."

Ouch. Kuroko was always so blunt. He could've put it in a gentler way.

You had the crush on Kuroko for the longest time. You even followed him to Seirin high after you heard it was the school he was enrolling.

When you heard about the new perfume trend, your best friend had been urging you to ask for Kuroko's. You were embarrassed, of course, but you couldn't deny that you wanted to use the same perfume as Kuroko. It's kind of romantic. You'd smell like him the whole time. It's like being his.

"It's just following trend, Kuroko-kun." You reasoned. Your friend had told you to use this excuse so you wouldn't give anything out. "I don't have a boyfriend and no close male friends to ask of this. Please?"

He contemplated for a moment, his eyes never straying from yours. You were growing nervous. Did he know your true objective?

"I'm sorry, (L/N)-san, but I have to refuse." He stood up, eyes not meeting yours. "Excuse me." he left.

You blinked, wondering what's wrong with him.

Oh no. Did you somehow offend him? He didn't even look at you when he left. Maybe he was angry because he found out your reason was a big fat lie?

You had to apologize to him. You really didn't want Kuroko to hate you.

OoOoO

It's hard to speak to one Kuroko Tetsuya when he didn't want to be found. You were immune to his misdirection so he must be working his already low presence extra hard so you wouldn't find him. He didn't even eat lunch with Kagami and you.

Did you make him so angry that he didn't want to see you again? Did he not want to be your friend anymore?

Just the thought made you want to cry.

After school, you quickly went to the gym. Kuroko would never skip basketball practice without an emergency.

You peeked inside, not wanting to alarm him. He'd escape once he saw you.

And you were right. Kuroko was inside, practising basketball with the other members of the basketball club. Your eyes followed him, mesmerised.

In your opinion, Kuroko looked best when he was playing basketball. He looked like he enjoyed himself. His eyes always showed deep determination. You liked that hard-working side of him.

You waited until practice was finished before you ran inside, greeting your upperclassmen politely. Kuroko was talking to Kagami so he hadn't noticed you. "Kuroko-kun!" you called. He didn't turn. "Let's walk home together."

He was quiet and you were afraid he would refuse. You gulped when he turned to you. Finally, he was looking at you. "Okay. Please wait a moment."

"S-sure!"

The walk home was quiet. Kuroko didn't say a word to you after he changed and got his bag. You decided to begin the conversation.

"Kuroko-kun," you began, fidgeting, "I'm sorry if I offended you earlier. It's okay if you don't want me to use the same perfume as you."

He glanced at you. "You're mistaken, (L/N)-san."

You frowned. "Then why were you avoiding me?"

Kuroko suddenly stopped. He stared at you who also stopped. "I do want you to smell like me. But I don't want to be an alternative for you to follow the trend, (L/N)-san."

"But you're not an alternative, Kuroko-kun!" you protested. "I-I want to use your perfume because- because I like you! I'm sorry I lied about following the trend! I never care about it from the very beginning! I only used that as an excuse!"

You knew he was surprised at the slight widening of his, otherwise emotionless, eyes. You bite your lips, bracing yourself for the upcoming rejection.

"I see." The shock in his eyes left. "Thank you, (L/N)-san."

Your eyes watered.

"I like you a lot too."

Wait, what?

Before you could completely comprehend what he meant, Kuroko stepped forward and kissed your wet lashes. You blushed. He pecked your cheek next then pushed himself away, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Let's go home." he offered a hand.

You quickly grasped it in yours. Kuroko wasn't tall but his hands weren't small. They were also callused from hard work. "Can I call you, Tetsuya-kun?" you said once the two of you began walking, cheeks still ablaze.

His lips curved up even more. "Of course, (F/N)-san."

OoOoO

Extra:

The next morning, you came to school with your best friend like usual. When you got into class, you wondered why people were crowding around your desk. You approached them.

"(F/N)-chan, look!" one of your classmate exclaimed, pointing to the top of your desk. There was a blue-bottled perfume atop of it. There was a note under it.

Dear (F/N)-san,

This is my perfume. Please use it.

Let's ditch Kagami-kun and have lunch together - just the two of us.

-Tetsuya

OoOoO

Added a little drama into this. I hope it's not too much.

Kuroko is so adorable! I tried so hard finding a theme that would fit him. At first, I wanted to use the theme 'Nigou' or 'toothpaste' (I even had the plot ready) but I decided against it and used perfume instead. This is inspired by Yuuno's art which is the media used for this one-shot.

Once again, I'm going to announce that I haven't accepted any requests (sigh). Is my writing that bad that nobody is interested in it?

I have completed making one-shots for the GoM but I don't know who to start outside of them. So I'll really appreciate it if you can request whom you want me to do next. I write lemons too, don't forget. Please request. Thank you.

I am also wondering if I am too formal. Since English is not my first language, naturally I am taught formal English at school and course. I do try to be less formal though but I don't want to come out as rude.  After all, I'm still a trainee. I hope I don't bore you, ha-ha...

Thank you for reading and I truly hope you enjoyed that.

Love,

LadyBelle104