Pencil (Mayuzumi x Princess!Reader)

"Excuse me?" you poked your seatmate with a pencil. He turned his blank eyes to you, seemingly annoyed. "You do not have a pencil, do you? If you don't mind, please use this."

Quietly, almost reluctantly, he accepted the pencil you offered. "...thanks."

"It is my utmost pleasure to be able to be of assistance to you, Mayuzumi-dono." You smiled and bowed your head. Mayuzumi lifted an eyebrow at your overly polite way of speaking. He rarely had people be so polite to him.

"Can you stop calling me like that? It sounds strange."

"Oh, but I can't possibly-"

"Just stop being overly formal." Even his underclassmen didn't address him as they should.

"Uh... then will Mayuzumi-kun suffice?"

"Hn."

And that was the start of a beautiful relationship of the two of you.

OoOoO

You're (L/N) (F/N) - the princess of the (L/N) island. At the moment, you were currently undergoing a training of independence. You were told by your father - the king - to live on your own until you were of age for marriage.

Which wouldn't be for very much longer.

It wouldn't be long until graduation came. That'd be your last day as a normal teenager. On graduation day, you'd have to go home to your island and marry a noble your parents had decided for you.

You shouldn't have been so reckless and fell for Mayuzumi Chihiro. Ever going as far as sleeping with him.

It was an accident, honestly. That wasn't meant to happen. The two of you were studying in your place and you lived alone. Things just... happened.

But that was the best night of your life.

At least when that time came you were supposed to bear the child of a stranger, you'd have a memory of your very first love. You hoped the memory of that night would suffice for the rest of your life.

"Oi, (F/N)." you jumped out of your thought and turned to the voice. Mayuzumi stood waiting for you, arms crossed. "Let's go back." Since it's almost graduation, he no longer needed to attend club activity. The two of you always went home together.

"Ah, yes. Please wait a moment." you quickly put all of your thins into your bag. You approached your secret love. "Thank you for waiting, Chihiro-kun."

"Hm." He shrugged.

"It's almost graduation, isn't it? Time goes so fast. I cannot believe I'm leaving soon."

His eyes left his novel for a moment. "You're going on a graduation trip somewhere?"

You shook your head. "Oh, no, no. Nothing as fancy as that." You chuckled. It'd be nice if it were only a trip. "I'm going back to my homeland."

"...where's your homeland?"

"(L/N) island. I wish you'll spare some time for a visit once in a while, Chihiro-kun."

He lifted an eyebrow. "(L/N) island?" you nodded. "As in (L/N)? Your surname?"

"Not only mine. Everyone from the royal family has the same surname, even the branch family."

"..royal?"You nodded. Then you stopped.

"Oh, how silly of me!" you gasped. "I have never told you, have I?" you moved to stand in front of him, curtsying. "A pleasure. I am (L/N) (F/N), the crown princess of (L/N) island."