Call

Sophie's POV

"Hello again, Sophia." Marcus greeted, a chilling smirk pulling his lips up.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, you see, I'm here for your boyfriend. I hear he's worth about twenty five million dollars."

"You're an assassin?"

"Occasionally."

"But you've worked with my dad. He wouldn't-"

"Your father doesn't know every detail of my life."

He looked over at one of the masked men, apparently silently giving him a signal since the next thing the man did was lunge towards me. He grabbed my wrists, holding them behind my back as the other man grabbed Laila.

"Now, before you struggle, just know your actions are reflected onto each other. Sophie, if you move, Daryl will kill Laila. Laila, the same to you." Marcus warned as my fingers tightened on my dagger.

"What're you going to do with us?"

"You're the bait. Obviously."

The man turned me around, beginning to push me towards the door. I sighed as he led me down the stairs, the fight still going on as strongly as it been when I'd gone up.

They easily pulled us through the crowd to the loft doors, into the hallway before turning us to face the room again.

"Go ahead. Call your boyfriend." Marcus ordered, folding his arms behind his back.

"He won't hear it. He's distracted and he-"

"He'll hear the cry of his girlfriend. Call him."

"No. You're going to kill him."

"Either you call him or Laila calls Isaac. Either will do."

I pressed my lips together, watching as he shook his head, walking over to me. He grabbed the dagger from behind my back, pulling it out of my tight grip before moving over to Laila.

"I wonder how long it'll take before Isaac notices his girlfriend is dead."

She leaned away from him as he pressed the tip of the dagger onto her throat, right above her pulse point. I fought against the man's arms, my eyes looking over at the rest of my distracted pack mates, hoping one of them would notice the scene.

I realized there wasn't another way around it, either they would see us and come over to help or we would call them over. I gave in, my eyes shutting as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Scott!"

Stiles's POV

"Ok, how do we turn it off?" Erica questioned, her hands on her hips.

"I don't know." I muttered back, my eyes still wide.

"Is there a plug somewhere?"

"Yeah, Erica, they're going to go through the trouble of creating the dead pool, getting the money, hiring assassins and they're just going to plug it into the wall."

"A key." Lydia murmured, almost in a trance as she looked up at the machines.

"What?"

"A key." She lifted her hand to point at the keyhole, all of us looking over at it. "We need a key."

"Ok. Is this the part you tell us about the mysterious key your grandmother happened to leave behind?"

"No. This is the part where we think about where my grandmother could've hidden the key."

"Well, that's just great." I ran my hands through my hair, trying to think as quickly as I could. "Erica, have you heard back from anyone yet? Are they still alive?"

"I don't know. I tried texting Scott, Sophie, even Laila but none of them have answered yet." She pulled her phone out to check again, obviously not finding anything new.

"Ok. So our friends might already be dead, we found the dead pool and now we need to find a key. This is the perfect way to spend a Tuesday."

"Stiles, if the only thing you're going to do is complain, do it outside." Lydia snapped, her eyes sending me a glare.

"I'm trying to think."

"Think quietly."

"Well, I'm-"

"Lydia, close your eyes." Erica cut me off, ignoring the confused look we both sent her.

"What?" Lydia asked, quickly looking over at me before turning her attention back to Erica.

"Close your eyes. Clear your mind."

"Why?"

"Because your grandmother's left you other things before. Maybe she left the key too."

"I don't know how to control this yet. I can't just turn it on and off."

"Maybe you don't need to."

Lydia took a deep breath before her eyes fell shut, her hands curling into fists at her sides.

"Relax." Erica whispered, as if speaking too loudly would ruin the moment.

I stepped back, watching carefully as Lydia let her shoulders relax, her fingers uncurling. Her eyes eyelids began to flutter, her eyebrows furrowing lightly.

She began to walk towards the door, going downstairs. Erica and I followed behind her as quietly as we could, trying not to disturb her.

She went into the kitchen, her hand grabbing a bottle of wine before her eyes opened again. She looked down at the object in her hand, a frown forming on her face.

"I don't get it." she admitted, looking up at us.

"Is it empty?" I tried, walking over to her side as Erica trailed behind.

"No. It's nearly full."

"Is there something written on it? Maybe on the bottom?"

"This is pointless. It didn't work."

"Just check the bottom, maybe there's something there."

"Stiles, that's ridiculous."

"Just try it."

She flipped the bottle over, obviously annoyed I was forcing her to do it. We all froze when we heard a rattling sound coming from the inside.

"There's something in there. Ok, we need something to open it. Lydia, where do you keep the-"

I broke off at the sound of glass breaking, Erica standing next to the now broken bottle. I knelt down next to it, pushing aside the pieces of glass to reveal the small key.

I looked back up at her, holding it up for them both to see. "We found it."

Author's Note:

They found the key!!

I'll see you in the next chapter. BYEE!!!