Christmas

Laila's POV

"Does Derek celebrate Christmas?" I asked, packing up the small gifts I'd gotten for everyone.

"He used to. I think he stopped after the fire though." Isaac answered, handing me the next present.

"How about instead of us meeting up with everyone else, we all go to the loft and surprise him? Maybe he misses it. I'm sure I can find some decorations and I can call Lydia to help." I suggested, zipping up the bag.

"You'd do that for him?"

"He deserves a Christmas with his family." I shrugged, turning to sit on the bed as I looked up at him.

He smiled, an amazed look lighting up his eyes before he leaned down to press his lips to mine. I reached up to place my hand against his neck as his grabbed my waist.

"You'll have to get him out of the loft though. I'll need at least an hour."

Sophie's POV

"You did all of this today?" I questioned, walking into the now decorated loft as Laila walked over to greet us.

"I know it's not much but I hope it's enough."

"It's perfect." another voice added as Bryn walked in, looking around in awe. "He'll love it."

"Really? Are you sure it's not too simple?"

"He's always been into the simpler things. Don't worry about it, it's just enough."

Laila smiled, turning to look at the small tree in the corner. Lights hung all around it, a small pile of presents underneath it.

"They'll be here any second." I informed, looking down at the text from Scott saying they were pulling up.

I looked over at Bryn, remembering how just the other day, we'd found out her mother was on the list.

"Have you talked to your mom?"

"Not yet."

"Are you going to?"

"I think she deserves to know. If she doesn't already. That's the thing about my mother, she always seems to be a few steps ahead of everyone else. I never understood how she did it."

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"Before I left for Europe."

"Do you miss her?"

"She is my mother. Of course I miss her."

Our conversation paused when the door began to open, letting in the rest of the pack. Derek stopped in the doorway, his eyes immediately moving over to the tree.

"Surprise!" Laila cheered, coming to stand next to Bryn and I.

"You guys did this?"

"Laila did." I corrected as she smiled shyly.

"Well, Lydia helped. Do you like it?"

He took a few steps into the loft, setting his jacket down on the couch as he stared at the tree. He gave it the same look Bryn and I had given it, awe.

"You did this for me?" he asked, looking over at her.

"You and the pack."

"Why?"  

"Isaac said you hadn't had a Christmas in a while. I thought you might enjoy it." she said simply, shrugging her shoulder.

"Thank you." He smiled at her before he walked over to examine the tree closer.

"Oh my God, he actually smiled." Stiles commented, making me roll my eyes as I heard a few of the others laugh. 

Laila turned back to the rest of the pack, the grin still on her face. "Presents?"

Isaac's POV

"She's not so bad, is she?" I bragged to Derek, nodding towards Laila.

"She seems ok."

"So, you were wrong about her?"

He sighed, shaking his head before sending me a glare. "Maybe."

He walked over to sit on the couch, his eyebrows furrowing as Laila handed him a gift. I saw Scott get up, coming to stand next to me as we both stood to the side watching everyone open up their presents.

"This was really cool of Laila." Scott agreed, his voice quiet to avoid the humans hearing.

"What does love feel like?" I brought up suddenly, a smile forming on my lips as Laila laughed at something Stiles had said.

Scott looked over at Sophie before his eyes moved to Laila, a knowing smile appearing on his face. "You'll know."

He patted my shoulder, going back to sit next to Sophie. I decided it was time to rejoin the group, taking my spot next to Laila again.

I slung my arm over her shoulders, pulling her into my side as she smiled at Lydia. I looked around as everyone happily chatted, none of us worried about anything.

Derek's POV

"You should keep it up for a while." Bryn shut the door after everyone else had left, turning back to the tree.

"Maybe I will."

"Derek, before I go, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"I'm going to go looking for my mom and her pack. A lot of them were on the list and I'm worried that they might not realize it. Will you come with me?"

I nodded my head instead of answering, a small smile appearing on her face.

"So, I'll be here around eight?" She took a few steps towards me, her arms wrapping around my neck to pull me into a hug. "Merry Christmas, Derek." 

Author's Note:

Christmas with the pack! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEE!!!!!!