Cotton Candy

Sophie's POV

"Your parents are watching us." Scott muttered as I stood next to him on the field. The game was about to start, we were still waiting for the other team and a few of our players.

I shrugged, folding my arms across my chest and shivering.

"You didn't bring a jacket?"

"I forgot. But don't worry, I'm fine."

He pulled a sweatshirt out of his bag and slipped it over my head, helping me stick my hands into the long sleeves. He pulled my hair out of the jacket, bringing it to one of my shoulders.

"There. Now you won't get cold." He pulled me into his arms, warming me up even more as he kissed the tip of my nose. He slowly rubbed my back as I tucked my hands into the jacket pockets.

"Where's Stiles?"

"I don't know." He looked around, keeping one of his arms slung across my shoulders. "Maybe he's with Erica."

Stiles then came running out of the school, dropping his gear onto the bench behind us. "I'm here. I'm here. Couldn't open my locker." he panted, doubling over as he tried to catch his breath.

"McCall, Stilinski, get over here." Coach Finstock yelled, all the players surrounding him.

"Good luck." I gave Scott a quick kiss before going to sit next to my parents.

"That was sweet of Scott to give you his jacket." My mother smiled at me, handing me an extra pair of gloves.

The game started, making us turn our attention to the field.

"Mind if I sit here?" a voice asked as I watched Scott walk out next to Jackson.

"Sure." I mumbled, not paying attention to whoever it was.

"Are we winning?"

"It just started-Erica?" I finally looked over at the person sitting next to me, seeing the familiar blonde hair.

"What? I'm here to support my boyfriend. Just like you are."

"Where's Derek?"

"I don't know. He's not here if that's what you're asking. I came here by myself."

"Why?"

"I told you, to support my boyfriend. And my pack member."

I jumped as the crowd started cheering, most of the people standing and clapping. Apparently, we scored. I clapped along, still confused.

I heard a faint clicking, almost like a camera. Both Erica and I turned towards the noise to see Matt taking photos of the game. He smiled at us briefly before snapping more pictures.

I watched as he looked down at his camera with a smug look. I leaned forward to see what he was looking at, eyebrows furrowing as I saw myself on the screen. I jumped back when he turned to look at me again. I faked a smile at him before looking back out onto the field.

"Is that the school photographer?" my mom asked but Matt overheard.

"Oh no, I'm not. I just like to take photos of things that catch my eye." he answered, shrugging. "I've gotten a few good shots tonight."

"Sophie's into photography. She used to take a photo of every place we visited. Maybe you two could talk about it."

"Mom." I snapped, shaking my head. "I have plans for the entire week. Sorry, Matt."

"Maybe another time then."

"Yeah. I should go take some more pictures. Nice meeting you, Mrs. Grey." He raised his hand in a wave before going back down the steps to take more pictures.