Daydreams

Stiles's POV

"Well? Did you do it? Did you kiss her?" I asked as he got into the car.

"More like she kissed me."

"But did you kiss her back?"

"Why wouldn't I kiss her back?" he pointed out, giving me a look.

"True. Wow. I can't believe it. My boy's going out with the hot new girl."

"She's not that new anymore."

"She's only been here for a week. She's new."

"I just...I feel like I know her. I feel like I can tell her everything and trust her to keep it a secret."

"Yeah, well, if I were you, I wouldn't let her go. If I wasn't in a relationship with Lydia, I would date her."

"You're not with Lydia. Lydia's with Jackson."

"Our relationship's complicated."

"What about Erica? I saw you looking at her the other day."

"She's just a friend. I'm in love with Lydia."

"No, you're not." a new voice said.

I jumped and screamed, turning to see Sophie standing by the door, waiting for Scott to let her in.

"How long have you been there?" I gasped, placing my hand on my chest.

"I got here right around where you said you were in love with Lydia." She climbed into the backseat as Scott helped her in before sitting back down and shutting the car door again.

"Wait. What do you mean? I do love Lydia." I backtracked, staring at her in shock.

"You're in love with the idea of Lydia. You don't even know her, Stiles. What's her favorite color? Her favorite place to eat? Favorite movie?" she listed, a weird glint in her eyes.

"You don't have to know everything about someone to love them. Look at you and Scott. You've known each for a week and you're basically planning your wedding. What's his favorite color? What's his favorite place to eat? What's his favorite movie?" I snapped back, ignoring the low warning growl coming from Scott.

"Red, Darling's and I am Number Four."

We both stared at her in shock, although a flattered smile appeared on Scott's face.

"Oh don't look so surprised, boys. I pay attention."

"Stalker." I mumbled under my breath, flinching away as Scott glared over at me.

"Says the boy who spent his birthday looking through all of Lydia Martin's instagram photos."

"How do you know that?" I yelled, turning back around to face her.

"Scott told me."

"Dude!"

"What? She did the thing with her eyes and I couldn't help it!" He shrugged as Sophie starting giggling.

"Thing with my eyes? What do I do with my eyes?" she asked, leaning forward in her seat and scooting to the edge.

"You're doing it right now. Whenever you want something, your eyes get really, really big."

"Do they? I've never noticed."

"I'm sure you haven't." I scoffed, starting the car.

"Shut up, Stiles." 

I was silent for the rest of the ride, mentally planning ways to kill her as she and Scott chatted very loudly and obnoxiously.

"We're here!" I shouted in relief, stopping their innocent fight over whether cats over the age of six months could be called kittens or not.