Pencil

Laila's POV

"Ok, what happened?" Lydia asked as she drove us to school.

"What?"

"You're smiling."

"I like to smile."

"But you've been smiling for the past ten minutes. Straight."

"I kissed him."

"Who? Aiden?"

"No. Isaac."

She looked over with a smile before shaking her head. "Finally."

"Lydia, it was perfect."

"Well then, go on. Tell me everything."

I launched into the story of last night, finishing as she pulled up in front of the school.

"So are you two together now?"

"I don't know."

"Well I think you should be. Isaac likes you and you very obviously like him." We got out of the car, our conversation pausing. I waved at Aiden before joining Lydia again.

"I really do like him, Lydia."

"Oh I know you do. But does he?"

We walked over to our lockers, opening them. We got everything we needed, putting away the things we didn't before heading towards class. 

"I don't know. I kissed him. Isn't that enough?"

"You should probably tell him just to be sure."

She walked into the class ahead of me as I searched my bag to make sure I had everything. I stopped before I could walk into someone, looking up to see it was Isaac.

I opened my mouth to speak before smiling up at him. He returned the smile and stepped back, gesturing to the room.

I walked in, sitting down in my seat and biting my lip on my smile as he walked back to his chair.

Lydia rolled her eyes playfully before pulling her phone out. I tapped my pencil against the desk as the teacher got up to close the door. A few students dashed in last minute before class officially started.

I rested my chin on my arms as the teacher started talking about something I'd already learned.

Soon, class was over, the teacher calling out a reminder about homework. I grabbed my bag too quickly, its contents falling out onto the floor.

I sighed before dropping down to pick it up. Lydia made a move to help but Isaac beat her to it, kneeling down to help gather my things.

"Thank you." I muttered as he helped put them back in my bag.

"No problem."

I straightened up, about to say a goodbye before he held up my pencil.

"You forgot this."

I laughed before tucking it into my bag. "Thank you." I repeated as the school bell rang. "Um, I'll see you at lunch."

Sophie's POV

 "You know what sounds really good? Cupcakes." I muttered to Scott at lunch, sat in his lap as we both picked at our lunches. Across from us, Stiles, Erica and Isaac were talking about some new movie they wanted to see.

"Now I want one."

"Let's go get some then. Do they serve them here?"

"I don't think so."

"I really want one though."

He nodded his head in agreement, checking his phone for the time. "We might be able to run over to a bakery."

I stuck my hands into the pocket of my sweatshirt as I stood up, grabbing my bag. "We're going to get cupcakes, you guys want anything?" I offered as Scott ate the last bite of his sandwich.

"I want a cupcake." Stiles said, the others agreeing with them. They gave us their orders before we left, starting the walk to the nearest bakery.

"I'm tired." I mumbled around a yawn as Scott wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pressing a small kiss against my head.

"Just a couple more classes and then we can go home."

"Good. Do you know where you're going?"

"I think. I know there's a bakery somewhere around here."

It was a ten minute walk before we found the sweet shop.

"What do you want to order?" Scott asked as we looked over the menu.

"They have milkshakes. They have cake, they have cookies, they have donuts. I think I'll get a cupcake for later but I want something for now."

"We can share a shake and get cupcakes. And a cookie. Admit it, those look good."

I nodded my head as Scott stepped up to order. I began to get out my wallet but by the time I'd grabbed it, he had already paid.

"I was gonna do that." I said, throwing it back into my bag.

"But I already did."

"Then I owe you a shake and a cupcake."

"I'll remember that."

We stepped aside to wait, Scott moving his other arm to sling it over my shoulder and pull me tight against his chest. I rested my head against his shoulder as he rocked us back and forth, one of his hands rubbing my back.

We pulled apart once our shake was ready, along with our cupcakes and cookie.

"Do you want to eat here or on the way back?"

"I don't think we have time to eat here." he pointed out, taking a sip of the shake.

"Come on. Just five minutes?"

"We're going to be late." he warned, even as he followed me to a table, sitting down in the chair.

I rested my head on my hand, breaking off a piece of the cookie. I crumpled up the straw wrapper, throwing it at Scott. I laughed as it hit his cheek.

His jaw dropped in mock surprise before he threw it back. I felt it hit my nose, landing back on the table. I grabbed the shake, tossing the wrapper back in his direction as I took a sip.

"No, you can't throw it at me right now. I'm holding the drink." I hid behind the cup as he lifted his hand to throw it back.

He grabbed the cup before gently placing the wrapper onto my head, making sure it wouldn't fall off.

I tossed it aside before looking out the window, letting a long exhale. I squinted my eyes as I saw a figure step out of the trees. As my eyes focused on him, he looked over, his eyes shining purple.

I felt something grab my hand, making me jump and look down to see Scott's fingers tangling with mine.

"Do you want to get a table without a window?" he asked, his voice dropping down to a much quieter volume.

I shook my head with a smile as I got up, walking around the table to sit in his lap again, my back facing the window. "I'm fine."

Author's Note:

A bit of Lilaac and a bit of Scophie!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!