Greys

Laila's POV

"Lydia? What's wrong?" I asked, looking over at the suddenly quiet girl.

Her brow was furrowed, a look that was both blank and confused on her face. Isaac sat up straight, giving her a worried look. Even Jackson stopped watching the movie to check on her.

She then opened her mouth and let out a piercing scream, her hands clutching onto the couch cushion. We all put our hands over our ears, my eyes squeezing shut at the volume of the shriek. She finally stopped, her mouth remaining open in shock.

"What the hell was that for?" Jackson questioned, glaring at her.

"Sophie..." she muttered, her eyes falling to the floor.

"Lydia. What's wrong with Sophie?" Isaac pushed, a new level of concern in his eyes.

"She's dying."

Sophie's POV

"So these are the big bad hunters I heard about? The infamous Greys?" the Alpha taunted, staring down at us with large red eyes.

"Hunters? What're you talking about? Look sir, you have us confused but my mom, she's hurt, she needs a hospital." I tried, trying to make my voice as frantic as I could.

"She's about to be a lot more hurt, Sophie."

"That's not my name, look, you have the wrong people, I swear!"

I let out a gasp for air as his hand closed around my throat, lifting me up to my feet. He paused, leaning closer to sniff at my hair. I squeezed my eyes shut as his grip around my throat tightened, his claws threatening to pierce the skin. I coughed as he let me go, my body dropping back to the ground as I tried to regain my lost breath.

"She's got an Alpha." he growled out, looking at one of his pack mates.

"Sir, please, my mother-" I started but was quickly cut off by him.

"He smells young. Probably inexperienced, never dealt with another Alpha before, has he?" he taunted, crouching down to my level.

"I don't know what you're talking about, please-"

"Drop the act, kid. I can smell your boyfriend on you."

"I don't have a boyfriend."

"You have a something. Tell me, how big is your pack? Does your mother over there know her daughter's running with the wolves?"

"If you're going to kill me, just get it over with. Just know, I have a tendency not to stay dead." I finally snapped, glaring at him.

"Just how many times have you been killed?"

"Let us go and I'll tell you."

"You don't really think that will work, do you?" he chuckled, moving a fallen piece of hair out of my face.

"No but it'll stall you."

"Sophie right? The daughter? We've heard about you but I never knew you were so...secretive."

"There are plenty of things you don't know about me."

"I think there are plenty of things no one knows about you. Maybe not even that sweet little Alpha of yours. What's his name?"

"Derek." I lied, hoping the man would know the Hales enough to let us go.

"Derek?"

"Derek Hale."

"Derek Hale hasn't been seen since his uncle's death."

"Guess you haven't been looking hard enough."

He smiled widely, his sharp canines on full display. "You're clever."

"I like to think so."

"Not clever enough. You see, each werewolf has a distinct scent. I could tell apart every single one of my pack members solely on what they smell like. Alphas' scents are even stronger. They leave a lasting impression."

"What's your point, professor? Why are you giving me werewolf 101?"

"Because I remember the scent of his mother. I remember the scent of his sister. I even remember the scent of that genius uncle of his. But Derek's stood out the most, although he wasn't an Alpha the last time I saw him."

"Why?"

"It was filled with emotions. Grief, anger, loneliness. I'll never forget the fact that he actually made me feel empathy towards someone."

"He's a troubled soul."

"He is. And his scent left a mark. A mark that doesn't match up with the scent on you." He ruffled my hair as I stared at him, trying to think of the next lie.

"Maybe you remember incorrectly. Their entire family was struck with grief and anger. They were all lonely. It might've been Laura."

"No, no, I remember Laura distinctively. She had more of a floral scent, you know. It was tainted with grief, of course, but it was hopeful."

"She would've made a great sister-in-law."  

"Still sticking to the story, huh?"

"Until my last breath."

"That protective over your boy? I never knew hunters actually had emotions."

"Never knew Alphas like to toy with their food."

"I was planning to rip you apart. Limb by limb, slowly but surely. But now...now I want to keep you. I want to meet this Alpha of yours."

"He's not an Alpha. He's barely a Beta, an Omega, really." I tried, the image of Scott's red eyes flashing in my mind briefly.

"He'll come for you. I can smell the love in his scent, it's sickening. But it also gives me hope that he'll come to rescue his damsel in distress."

"I am not a damsel in distress."

"Yet here you are. A damsel in a very distressing situation."

"Just let us go and we'll forget all about this."

"You know, at first you amused me but now your voice is annoying me."

"Look, we can-"

I was barely able to begin my plea for release when his fist swung out and smashed against my temple. Both my body and eyes fell, the blurry sight of him standing up being the last thing I saw before my eyes shut.

Author's Note:

Sophie and her mom found the pack!! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!