Control

Stiles's POV

"You have got to be kidding me." Erica said, stood behind me as I held up the long silver chain.

Sophie only glared up at me, her arms folded across her chest. "What the hell is that supposed to do for me? Do you know how easily a werewolf can break out of those?"

"It doesn't matter how long they last, what matters is that this will be one more barrier for you to get through. This could give us that extra few seconds to prepare." I explained, wrapping the  chains around her body.

"Or it could really piss me off and make me actually want to kill you."

"You don't go for the non-supernatural."

"Don't test me."

I walked over to stand next to Scott, rubbing his shoulder as I noticed just how nervous he was. His jaw was clenched, his eyes focused on her but it was obvious he wasn't fully paying attention.

"She'll be fine." I comforted, keeping my voice quiet to have as much privacy as possible in a room full of werewolves. "Aiden, Ethan and Derek are waiting by the outside entrance, we'll all be guarding this one. There's no way she's getting out."

"I'm not worried about what she'll do tonight."

"Then what's wrong?"

"It's about what Matt said. He said she was being trained for something, for something that was coming. What if it's coming for her? What if there are more of those Creators or whatever they are? What if they want to take her? We can't fight something we don't know is there."

"You saw one of them, that means something."

"What does it mean then?"

I thought for a moment, looking back over at Sophie as Erica helped her lock her wrists into the handcuffs. "He wanted you to see him. It was all a show, to show he had control over her. He can make her shift whenever he wants, he can make her kill anyone he wants her to, he can make her go wherever he wants. He can make her into a monster. It's an act of dominance, maybe because you just became an Alpha, he's trying to show off that he has more power."

"He has power over her." he agreed, a note of frustration in his voice.

"We can't help her unless she wants us to. This is her fight, she has to learn control. You can't help her fight something if it's invisible to the rest of us."

"Then what am I supposed to do?"

"You teach her. Show her what it means to be a werewolf. Show the Creators that you aren't just an Alpha." I encouraged, seeing his eyes slowly begin to light up, the determination sinking in. "Show them you're a True Alpha." 

Scott's POV

I heard the vault door slide shut, Stiles, Erica and Bryn guarding the other side while I stayed inside. I could feel the full moon's effects beginning, noticing the tension in Sophie's body as she gripped onto the chains holding her arms still.

"Listen to me." I started, my thumb gently rubbing her cheek as her breathing began to get heavy. "Soph, listen to me."

"Go outside. You aren't supposed to be in here."

"We have to do more than restrain you. We have to teach you. You need to learn control, you need to fight back."

"Don't you think I'm trying?" she yelled, a growl in her voice as her canines began to grow. "Do you think I want this? Do you really think I want to have to be chained up like this?"

"Focus on my voice, focus on me. Don't think about anything but me." I moved my other hand to cup her cheek, tilting her head up to force her to look at me. "Remember our first date?"

Her hands pulled on the chains, the metal straining to contain her. "Yes."

"Remember how you told me what your wish was? How you wished that I'd kiss you? Well, I never told you my wish."

The chains around her broke, her eyes flashing a bright purple as she stared into mine. They flickered back and forth from green to purple, showing the inner struggle I couldn't see.

"I wished that I could see your smile everyday. I want my girlfriend back, I want you to come back to me."

Her hands made contact with my arms, hesitating for a moment before her claws dug in and pushed me to the floor. I didn't put up any fight, letting her legs straddle my stomach as her clawed hand swung up, ready to swing down and draw blood.

"Soph, listen to me." I pushed myself upright, my face just a few inches from hers as I once again forced her to look at me. "You're okay."

She paused, her fingers curling to dig her claws into her palm. I pressed a gentle kiss to her wrist, smoothing her fingers back out as she only watched me in confusion.

"You're okay, I promise. I love you." I whispered, pressing the tip of her claw to my neck. "Remember how you taught me control? You told me to think about that feeling of knowing I hurt you every time I was about to lose control. I know you're still in there. You're not a monster."

At my last sentence, her eyes faded back to green, her canines returning to their normal size as her claw was no longer pressing against my skin.

"You're not a monster." I repeated, this time with a more stern tone. "I won't let you become one."

"Scott." she whispered, her trembling hand pulling me closer as her arms flung around my body and her head tucked into my neck.

I sighed in relief, reaching up to gently stroke her hair, inhaling the scent of her apple shampoo. "I love you." 

Author's Note:

Sophie was able to control her shift! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!