Not Here

Laila's POV

"Are you having fun?" Aiden yelled over the music, keeping his hand tight in mine.

"Yeah! Are you?"

"Of course. Hey, I'm going to get a refill, you want one?"

I nodded before he turned and walked towards the refreshment table. I walked away from the main crowd, more towards the less crowded areas. I ran my hands through my hair, trying to fix it without a mirror.

"Hey cutie, what's your name?" a voice asked as an arm wrapped around my shoulders.

"I'm Laila."

"Want to dance?"

"No thanks, I'm actually about to sit down."

"No, I think you should dance with me." He tightened his grip on me, his smile starting to drop.

"No thank you."

"I'm not going to ask again. Come dance with me."

"I think she said no." a new person said, making me smile in relief as I looked up at Isaac.

He pulled me away from the man, keeping his arm around my waist as he led me away.

"Thank you."

"Where's Aiden?" He still had his arm around me, his fingers tightening against my waist.

"Getting something to drink. Are you ok? You don't seem to be having fun."

"I have a lot of my mind."

"Do you want to talk?" I offered, pulling us to a stop.

"Not here."

I looked up into his eyes, searching for an answer and getting nothing but the glare he'd had on all night. Although it had softened a little now.

"Laila! What are you doing all the way over here?" Aiden called, jogging over with a forced smile on his face.

I stepped away from Isaac, still searching his eyes. I sighed as I turned towards Aiden.

"Just talking to Isaac. Come on. Let's go dance."

Sophie's POV

"Sophie! You made it." Matt grinned, walking over with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah. It looks really cool."

"Where's Scott?"

I looked over my shoulder, expecting my boyfriend to be standing behind me but only seeing a random girl. "I don't know. I should go find him. I'll see you around though."

"Yeah, save me a dance."

I smiled before turning to go looking for Scott. I looked through the crowd, searching for him or Stiles or even Erica. I walked over to where I knew Isaac was, still glancing around in case he was just hidden.

"Have you seen Scott?" I asked, stopping near Isaac.

"Not since you two got here. Why?"

"Because I can't find him. I'm sure he's just dancing. How's Laila?"

"She seems fine."

"You should go dance with her."

He looked over, arching an eyebrow in response. "I can't. Aiden's been glued to her side for the past hour."

"I'm sure if you asked her, she wouldn't say no." I shrugged one shoulder before walking away, pulling out my phone. I paused as I saw I had a new text that was from an unknown number.

"We're here."

I looked up to see purple eyes looking directly into mine, the man quickly disappearing as I blinked. "No, not here. Not now."

I called Scott's phone, trying to avoid looking into anyone's eyes. As it went to message, I bumped into someone.

"Scott?" I sighed in relief, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a hug.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

He pulled back slightly to look into my eyes, obviously confused.

"I just thought I lost you."

He smiled slightly before kissing my cheek. "I was just talking to Stiles and Erica."

"I didn't see you. Come on, let's dance."

Isaac's POV

I rolled my eyes at Stiles and Erica loose-limbed dance, neither of them seeming to really have a clue what they were doing. My gaze wandered over the crowd, stopping to see Scott and Sophie at least doing somewhat normal dance moves. Nothing that involved flailing arms.

The next couple I stopped at made me growl, trying not to let myself get too angry. Aiden seemed to be more interested in standing close to Laila than dancing.

I crushed the can in my hand, throwing it onto the refreshment table before weaving my way into the crowd. I went over to where Laila was, simply grabbing her waist and pulling her away from Aiden.

The crowd quickly filled the gap between him and us before he could react. I turned my attention down to Laila, who only grinned up at me.

"I was wondering when you would dance with me." she yelled over the music, her smile only widening.

I let out a laugh, shaking my head at her before grabbing her hands and spinning her around. "Then let's dance."

Over the music, I could still hear her laugh, her fingers closing around mine as she pulled me closer. The smiles never left either of our faces as we were slowly pushed closer by the crowd, the music only seeming to get louder.

"You know, for someone who didn't seem to want to be here, you're a pretty good dancer." she shouted, her hands gripping my biceps now as mine went back to her waist. She glanced up at me, her tone teasing.

I was once again shoved, this time bumping into her. I caught her before she could stumble, her fingers tightening on my shirt. I looked into her wide eyes, feeling myself lean even closer. Her smile stayed on her face even as my head began to lower to hers. If anything, her chin seemed to tilt back so I wouldn't have to reach so far.

"Hey, there you are! I've been looking for you." a voice interrupted, making her look away.

I clenched my jaw, turning to give Aiden the best glare I could as he only smirked at me.

"Come on! This is my favorite song, I'm dancing to it with you." He grabbed her hands, pulling them off of me and towards him.

She smiled at him, a different smile than she had given me but still a friendly one. "But I was dancing with Isaac."

"I'm sure he doesn't mind. Right?"

They both turned to me, a smug look in Aiden's eyes as I resisted the urge to punch that smirk off of his face.

I scoffed, turning and walking out of the crowd. I heard her call my name but she was quickly pulled back by Aiden, who muttered something along the lines of, "He's fine. Dance with me."

Author's Note:

Another chapter!

Laila and Isaac, or Lilaac, dancing together in this chapter, as well as Sophie seeing the purple eyed man.

I'll see you gummies and nerds in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!