Tape

Laila's POV

I jumped as I woke up to the feeling of lips pressing to my forehead. I tiredly looked up at Isaac as he straightened back up, scooping up a bit of cereal from the bowl in his hands.

"Morning."

"What're you doing here?" I mumbled, my head dropping onto the pillow as my gaze moved to Lydia, who seemed to be struggling to stay asleep with the new noises.

"I came over to check on you guys. And I wanted to see you. Mary let me in."

"You wanted to see me?" I parroted, sitting up in the bed as a sleepy smile spread across my lips.

"Of course I did."

"Stop. It's too early for your couple nonsense." Lydia groaned, ducking her head under a pillow.

"It's actually noon." Isaac informed around another bite of food, nodding to the clock on my nightstand.

"Do I need to remind you about last night's events or can I trust you to put two and two together?"

"I don't care how long you sleep, it's just that you're in my spot."

"Deal with it."

I laughed, scooting further up on the bed and patting the area in front of me. He sat down, pressing another kiss to the top of my head when I leaned forward to rest it against his shoulder.

"I can feel you two being corny over there. Stop it."

I grinned, shifting over to hug her as she continued grumbling her complaints.

"By the way guys, breakfast is ready." Mary called as she walked by the door.

"Oh thank God." Lydia raced for the door, sending us a glare over her shoulder. "If I had to spend one more second with you two, I would've gone crazy."

"We've barely said anything to each other!" I pointed out, giggling at her grumpiness.

"You people make me sick." She turned and stormed out of the room, probably going downstairs to eat.

"She's just tired." I explained as Isaac only rolled his eyes, taking another bite. "On the plus side, you get your spot back for the next twenty minutes."

At that, he immediately sprawled out on the side of my bed Lydia had been sleeping on, a happy sigh escaping him.

"Finally." he breathed, closing his eyes as he stretched his arms out.

"You two are so dramatic." I laughed, shaking my head.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

I grabbed his free hand, pulling it towards me as my other hand began playing with his fingers. I smiled down at our hands before leaning down to press a kiss to his lips.

"What was that for?"

"I'm just happy you're here."

He smiled, his hand letting go of mine to reach up and ruffle my hair. I shifted over to lay next to him, my head once again finding his shoulder as his hand continued playing with my hair.

"What're we gonna do about Meredith?" I whispered, still confused about the new information.

"I don't know. I talked to Sophie the other night though, she's willing to teach you some basic self-defense. If you want to. You can always decide not to, in fact, I'd prefer it if you didn't fight."

"I don't like the idea of hurting someone."

"I don't like the idea of someone hurting you."

I had to smile at that, my fingers drawing shapes into his shirt. "I'll do it. It'd be good to know, at least. I just hope I never have to use it."