I Like You

Sophie's POV

We were cuddled up on the couch, which was finally in the living room, watching some horror I'd grabbed randomly. I might've exaggerated my fear just so I could get closer to Scott.

"Soph, it's just a movie." He chuckled as I jumped and hid my face into his neck, burying myself deeper into his warm arms.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Good. Now, can we please turn it off?"

"Why? Are you scared?" I felt a smile pulling at my lips before I turned the movie off.

"No. I just don't want you to get too scared."

"I'm sure. Come on. You must be tired and I know I am." I grabbed his hand and led him up the stairs, into my room.

"Oh hey, it's much better now." he complimented, even though it wasn't.

"Go into my closet and tell me that." I teased, heading into the bathroom. "Just give me a second, ok? If you need to do anything, there's a bathroom down the hall."

I heard him leave and I quickly brushed my teeth and did everything I needed to do. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and fixed my shirt then went back out. Scott was there, staring out my window.

"See something interesting?" I asked, walking over.

"Um, no. We should get some rest." He sat down on the bed quickly, avoiding my eyes.

"I hate it when you do that." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Do what?"

"Lie."

"I'm not lying."

"You're a horrible liar. Whenever you lie, you won't look anyone in the eyes but it's fine. Let's just go to sleep." I shrugged and got into the bed next to him, pulling the covers up around me.

He ducked in next to me and we laid there in silence for a few moments before he rolled over and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. His lips pressed against my shoulder as I took one of his hands in both of mine.

"I was looking at my reflection. My eyes were this weird gold and it kind of terrifies me but I didn't want you to worry." he whispered into my ear, sending a shiver up my spine.

"I don't scare easy, you don't have to protect me. I can take care of myself."

"I know. But something inside of me doesn't want you to have to even worry about that."

"Scott, I have to tell you something."

"What?"

This was it. I was about to tell him my secret. Something I'd never told anyone else.

"I-" I broke off and instead pressed my lips to his. "I really like you. Like, really, really like you."

"I like you too, Soph. A lot."

I smiled and kissed him again, tangling my fingers into his soft brown hair.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he whispered against my lips, his grip on me tightening.

I grinned and nodded before managing to say it out loud. "Yeah. Of course I will."

He returned the smile before pressing another kiss to my lips. "You're amazing, you know that?"

I blushed at his words and hid my face in his neck, shaking my head.

"You are. You're beautiful and smart and funny."

"You really think so?" I looked up at him with a smile tugging at my lips for what must've been the hundredth time that night.

"Yeah. Who wouldn't?"

I let my head drop back onto his chest, sighing happily. One of his hands started gently rubbing my back, his warm fingers sliding up and down my spine.

"You're pretty cool too." I mumbled, my eyes shutting as I felt him let out a small laugh.

"Thank you."

Author's Note:

Scophie!!!

I'll see you boogles in my next chapter. BYEE!!