Party

Laila's POV

"Black or red?" I asked, holding up the different colored dresses as I picked an outfit for the party. 

"Black." Isaac answered, hanging up the photos from Rome on my wall of pictures.

I tossed the dresses onto the bed, turning back to choose a jacket. I frowned as I heard heavy footsteps, muffled breathing following it, a sound I knew belonged to the Berserkers. I shakily pushed my clothes out of the way, holding my breath when I stared into the hollow eye pits of the Berserker. I slowly stepped back, feeling my bare foot come in contact with a ripped boot. I closed my eyes, knowing the second Berserker was behind me. I eyed the knife that was still packed in my suitcase, knowing there was no chance of reaching it before they got a hold of me.

I closed my eyes as I felt one of them press something sharp into my back, waiting for the same feeling I'd felt in the warehouse the night they'd tried to kill me. I blinked rapidly when the feeling was replaced with Isaac's hands, a look of concern on his face.

"Laila? Are you okay? You kinda spaced out there for a minute."

"What happened? Where are they?"

"Who's they?"

"You didn't see them? The Berserkers?"

He slowly shook his head, arching an eyebrow. "You saw them?"

"Um, maybe I just had a day dream or something. I should get ready."

I heard my phone chime, signalling it'd gotten a text. I picked up my phone, my brow furrowing. I shakily scrolled down on my phone, a look of confusion forming on my face.

"Laila? What's wrong?"

"Kate. She texted me."

"How'd she get your number?"

"I don't know."

"What does it say?"

"'Sweet dreams.'"

Stiles's POV

"So whose party is this again?" Erica asked, stood next to Sophie as we waited for the rest to show up.

"My friend, Heather. She's turning 17, it's her birthday party."

Laila and Isaac arrived next, both of them clearly upset about something.

"Trouble in paradise?" I joked, hoping that it wasn't anything supernatural and for once was just a simple lover's quarrel instead of something life threatening.

"We can talk about it later." Isaac answered simply, a concerned look on his face as Laila reluctantly got out of the car. 

"Ah, hell." I muttered to myself, knowing that meant it was something serious.

"I need to wait for Lydia."

"She can find us inside. If there's one thing Lydia Martin knows how to do, it's party. You're not staying out here alone after what happened."

"What happened exactly?" I pressed, checking my phone for any texts from Lydia or Jackson.

"Stiles!" a voice called, making me turn around to see one of my childhood friends, Heather.

"Hey! Happy birth-" I was cut off by her pressing her lips to mine, my eyes widening at the sudden movement.

I jerked my head back, hearing Erica let out a loud growl.

"Come on." Heather took my hand, leading me into the house before I could say anything.

"Uh, wait, no, Erica! Er-you're a strong little thing." I grumbled, being nearly dragged into the house by Heather as I tried to get a view of my seething girlfriend.

She pulled me into the basement, racks of wine lined up. She turned, pulling my head down to kiss me again as I leaned away.

"Okay, wait a second, Heather. I'm flattered, really am but I have a-" I started, being cut off once again by her pushing me back against the wall.

"I turned seventeen today. Do you know what I want for my birthday?"

"A car? I know great places you can get cars for cheap, my Jeep was barely anything."

"To not be a seventeen year old virgin."

"Oh God." I groaned, holding her shoulders still when she made another move to kiss me. "Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a virgin. I'm one too, it's normal. You should wait until you have someone you trust, don't rush it."

She sighed, her eyes falling to the floor as I saw tears begin to well up. "You're rejecting me?"

"Heather, don't take this personally. You're a beautiful girl, great personality but I'm with someone. Someone that I love a lot and don't want to hurt."

"You're still just as loyal." She rolled her eyes, stepping back. "I'm sorry, I just thought that since we were so close as kids, you wouldn't mind."

"I'm sorry."

"Thank you, for at least reminding me why I loved you as a kid. I'm gonna pick out a wine, I'll see you upstairs in a minute."

I kissed her forehead, rushing back upstairs, prepared for the worst. Claws, fangs, gold eyes. What I wasn't expecting was for Erica to kiss me the second she saw me.

"You're lucky I could hear all that." she mumbled against my lips, glaring in the direction of the door. "I'm still gonna rip her head off though."

"No, no you're not. You're gonna dance with your very loyal, very sorry boyfriend."

She only smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me out to the backyard, where everyone was dancing. "Sounds like a plan."

Author's Note:

We all know what Heather means! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!