Sprinklers

Laila's POV

"Goodnight Mary." Luke mumbled, resting his head on Isaac's shoulder as he carried him upstairs.

I walked into the kitchen as Mary called a goodnight to both Luke and I. She went up to her room, blowing me a kiss before she left.

A few minutes later, Isaac joined me in the kitchen. He smiled slightly when he spotted the hot chocolate I was pouring into cups.

"Do you want to sit inside or outside?" I questioned, handing him a cup.

"Outside." He led the way to the swings, resting his arm on the back of it as I sat down next to him, sipping at my hot chocolate.

"So, I heard you and Aiden went out on a date." he brought up, gently pushing us back and forth.

"Yeah. It didn't really feel like a date though. It felt kind of off, like it was just friends hanging out instead of a date. I don't really think him and I are going to be a couple."

His eyes almost seemed to light up before he cleared his throat and looked away. "That's too bad."

"I had to tell him today. I almost didn't. But I didn't think it was fair to continue to go out with him when I liked someone else."

"Who?"

I opened my mouth to answer, instead taking another sip of my drink. I scooted closer to him slightly, close enough that our legs bumped. "It's a secret." 

"You can tell me."

"It wouldn't be a secret if I told everyone."

"Do I at least get a hint?"

"Fine. You know him."

"Scott?"

I shook my head, moving even closer, our legs now fully touching.

"Stiles?"

"No."

"Who is it then?"

I shrugged, taking another drink before leaning back against the swing. Isaac's arm brushed against my back a few times as we sat in a comfortable silence. Eventually it slid forward, slowly resting across my shoulders.

I saw him glance over at me a few times, as if making sure it was ok. I smiled up at him, reassuring him it was fine.

"Look! A shooting star!" I pointed out, looking up at the night sky.

I closed my eyes to make a wish. I then looked over at Isaac, who was simply sipping at his drink.

"You didn't make a wish?"

"I did. What'd you wish for?"

"I can't tell you. Then it won't come true."

He laughed, shaking his head as he took another sip. His arm pulled me closer to him, almost on instinct. I rested my head on his shoulder, smiling to myself as I looked down into my cup.

I closed my eyes as I sighed to myself. Suddenly, cold water repeatedly hit my skin. I gasped as I looked around to see the sprinklers had come on.

Isaac burst into laughter as he grabbed my arm, pulling me up and away from the water. We hid under one of the trees, both of us giggling now.

"I'm sorry, I forgot we turned them on." I apologized, smiling up at him.

He only shook his head, the fascinated look lighting up his eyes as I realized just how close we were.

Before I could think it through, I had leaned up onto my toes to press my lips to his. I felt him pause for a moment before one of his hands came up to my waist, pulling me closer.