I'm Sorry

Scott's POV

"Scott!" a voice called as I jogged onto the field. 

I looked over at coach, assuming it was him. He continued talking to Jackson and Danny, his mouth moving too quickly to be calling me.

"Scott! Please!"

I turned around in time to see Sophie being pulled into the forest surrounding the field. 

"Soph?" I yelled back, tossing my bag aside as I jogged over to where she had just been standing.

I expected her to jump out and say boo, simply wanting to give me a small scare.

"Sophie?" I tried again as nothing happened. 

Then I heard it. A scream. My instincts took over as I started running in the direction of the scream. I tore off my heavy gear as I ran, gaining speed with every step. I started to slow as I saw an abandoned warehouse. 

I quietly walked into the building, my eyes adjusting to the dark as I stepped over a few boxes that had been ripped to shreds. The door slammed shut, making me jump and turn around.

"You're such a good little dog, aren't you? She calls and you come running." A man stepped out of the shadows, his lips pulled up into a unfriendly smile.

"Where is she?"

"Would you like to see her? Sophie, darling, come out to greet our guest."

Two men came into the room, dragging a limp body with them. They tossed her in my direction as if she were nothing but an old ragdoll.

"What'd you do to her?" I asked as I caught her before she hit the floor, lifting her up into my arms.

I moved her hair out of her face, in a hope to wake her up.

"She'll heal. Unless of course, I do this."

One of the men grabbed my arms and held them behind my back as the other took Sophie from me.

"What're you doing?" I yelled, moving around in the man's grip in an attempt to get free.

No one answered as Sophie was set down in front of the man. He knelt down, seeming to take his time as he brushed her hair away from her neck. He raised a clawed hand, about to strike the killing blow.

"No, no, no! Please, stop! What do you want? I'll do anything!" I begged, struggling to get to her.

"I know you will." The man let out an amused laugh before slashing her throat open.

She seemed to wake up just before he did, letting out a scream that shook the room. 

I gasped, bursting upright. I looked around to see I was back in my room, in my bed. I struggled to calm down my breathing, fumbling for a light.

"It was a nightmare. Just a nightmare." I told myself, holding my head in my hands.

"Scott! Scott, are you ok? Where are you?" The door opened to reveal my obviously worried mother, her eyes wide.

"I'm fine. Just a bad dream."

She came in anyway, sitting down next to me on the bed. She stroked my hair, pulling me into her arms. "Where'd Sophie go?"

"She's back at her house. She made up with her parents."

"Do you want to talk about your dream? That used to help you when you were little."

"I'm fine." I repeated, still clinging to her.

"You're shaking. Tell me what happened."

"She died. I-I was at lacrosse practice and I heard her calling my name, so I tried to find her. And then I went into this warehouse and there was this man and he killed her. I couldn't do anything about it, no matter how hard I tried. And she, she screamed before she died and the sound was just..." I trailed off, shaking my head to clear it.