Last Minute

Sophie's POV

"It worked." Derek muttered in surprise as I jogged down the stairs.

"Is everyone ok?" I asked, looking over at Scott.

"My rib's broken and so is my arm." Erica groaned, holding her side as she leaned heavily against Derek.

He helped her sit down on the stairs, pushing her arm back into place. I texted Stiles to let him know it was ok for him to come out as Derek looked out one of the windows, his eyes flashing red for a moment.

"So now what?" Isaac questioned, sitting down next to Erica.

"Now we have to wait until morning."

The door banged open, reminding us we still had company. The four Alphas stood in the doorway, their eyes bright red.

"Stiles, now."

He quickly threw the small amount of mountain ash required to complete the circle that had been formed around the house before slamming the door shut again.

Scott looked at Stiles then at me, then at Derek, his confusion clear on his face. "Did you guys plan this?"

"Not exactly. There was a chance that this wouldn't happen." I shrugged, folding my arms over my waist.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've helped."

"It was last minute."

"You guys go upstairs. I'll keep watch down here." Derek interrupted, helping Erica back up.

"Not alone. I'll stay with you." Isaac stood up, walking over to Derek's side.

The rest of us went upstairs, Scott and I taking one of the dusty, old rooms. Scott walked over to the window, looking down at the Alphas, one of the twins currently walking around the house, trying to find a way in.

I saw another figure in the trees, his eyes flashing purple. I blinked and he was gone. I shook my head to clear it before turning back to Scott.

"They won't get in." I reassured, taking his hand and pulling him away from the window.

"What you guys did was pretty cool." he admitted, smiling as he sat down on the bed, pulling me down next to him.

"Thanks."

"And the thing with the arrows. That was awesome."

"How are you feeling?"

"I think I'll be good for tonight."

"You did really well out there. Especially for it only being your second full moon."

He grinned before pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Thank you."

"Are you tired at all?"

"A little, yeah, but I'll be fine."

I shook my head with a smile before scooting back on the bed to lean against the wall. I pulled him into my arms, letting him rest his head on my shoulder as he took a few deep breaths.

Within a few minutes, he was passed out with me not far behind.

Laila's POV

"Which one? Black or green?" Lydia asked, holding up the two skirts.

"Try them on." I looked back down at my notebook, continuing my doodles.

"Right. So, I noticed you and Isaac have been hanging out lately."

"Yeah, Luke really likes him."

"Is Luke the only one that really likes him?" she hinted, zipping up the green skirt.

"Oh, that looks really cute on you."

"Don't change the subject."

"What was the subject again?" I tried, hoping she would move on.

"Isaac." 

Of course not.

"Yeah, he's nice." I shrugged, getting up to walk over to the closet. I started ruffling through the clothes as Lydia looked in the mirror, trying to see if she liked the skirt or not.

"Nice? That sounds like something my mother would say." 

I stayed silent, moving over to the dresser to go through the movies we were planning on watching.

"Well, I think you two would be cute together."

"What about you and Jackson? How are you two?"

"Ugh, don't get me started."

A couple of hours later, we were sprawled across the bed, the last few minutes of our movie playing on the screen as we finished up on our homework.

"Wait. Did you hear that?" I paused the movie, holding out my hand.

The sound came again, this time clearer.

"What is that?"

"It almost sounds like a howl." she pointed out, her eyebrows furrowing.

We waited for a few more minutes, about to give up when another howl echoed into the room, louder.

"There aren't any wolves in Beacon Hills, are there?" I asked, my voice a whisper.

"Apparently there are now."

I walked over to the window, leaning out into the cold breeze to look around.

"What're you doing?"

"Hold on." I looked down at the backyard, trying to spot anything interesting.

"Laila, I'm sure it was just someone's dog."

"Yeah." I muttered, not believing it. "Yeah, I'm sure it was nothing."

Author's Note:

Short chapter but the full moon is over, for now.

Laila and Lydia heard a howl, what was it? Or who was it?

I'll see you gummies and nerds in my next chapter. BYEEEEE!!!