Protect

Sophie's POV

"No." Derek said simply, his arms folded across his chest.

"I'm with Derek." Isaac agreed, glaring at the twins.

"Isaac, we talked about this." Laila tried, her voice echoing out from the phone. "They can help us, they can help Sophie."

"I don't like them."

"We don't like you either." Aiden replied, glaring back at Isaac. "We're here for Laila."

I winced as Bryn tightened the chains around my wrist, my hands balling into fists. Scott rubbed my shoulder gently, his eyes focused on the moon.

"And why should I even begin to think about trusting you when you tried to kill my pack? When you nearly killed Sophie's father? Held Laila and Lydia hostage?" Derek listed, his eyes narrowing.

"Because Derek, we have the same end goal." Deucalion stated, shrugging his shoulders as if it was obvious. "We both want our packs to survive the full moon and your little firecracker back there puts them both at risk."

I groaned, feeling the pain of claws begin to sprout from my fingertips. Deucalion raised his brow, gesturing in my direction.

"She can't even control a shift, Derek. You need us to keep her at bay tonight until you figure out what to do with her."

As he spoke, I felt my teeth grow into fangs. Soon their words were inaudible, all I could hear were their heartbeats, all I could see were the threats all around me. I saw the glowing purple eyes in the shadows behind Stiles, focusing on them.

"Kill them."

Scott's POV

I let out a groan as I felt my back make an impact with the wall, the chains being tossed aside as Sophie growled at Derek. I made a move to grab her waist before seeing both Aiden and Ethan grab her and throw her against the table, quickly pinning her down.

"Don't hurt her." I snapped, my arm being held back by Bryn.

"Either we hurt her or she kills us. Choose one, Scott." Aiden snapped back, his red eyes staying on Sophie.

"You're being too rough, you're hurting her!"

"Pain makes us human."

I could see the blood from where she'd scratched them, neither of them budging in the slightest. Deucalion calmly walked over to them, his clawed fingers gripping her jaw.

"She's not like us yet the full moon affects her the same way it would any other werewolf. They certainly do have their pattern."

"Who's they?" Stiles asked, pushing off of his seat. "What do you know?"

"I'm sure you know exactly who I'm talking about, Stiles. I bet you already have a few ideas going through your head, don't you? You've realized it too, their patterns, why they chose her of all people."

"I haven't figured anything out."

"You have. You just think too much, you're stressed about it. You don't want to watch your best friend die, especially to her, someone you still don't trust. You never trusted her, Stiles, from the day she got here. You never understood how Scott could just throw himself into her situation without even looking at the details. You still don't understand why he's with her when her parents would kill him in a heartbeat."

I looked over at Stiles, seeing his jaw clench. Erica let out a warning growl, glaring at Deucalion.

"Oh? Did Scott not know that his best friend didn't like his girlfriend? Is he that oblivious to it? Did he really not notice all the times you wished he'd open his eyes and see how suspicious she was? She comes into town and then suddenly all of this starts happening? Your best friend is turned into a werewolf, a pack of Alphas show up, people start dying. All after the little blonde girl with the big green eyes shows up and starts wrapping your best friend, your brother, around her finger, dragging him into this whole mess."

"She had nothing to do with it." I insisted, stepping closer to Stiles as I wondered if he really thought of Sophie like that. "She's helped us out over and over again, she saved our lives how many times? She's one of us, Stiles. If there's any reason she came here, it was because she was meant to protect us."

"And yet she tried to kill you in her sleep walking trance. And now she's tried to kill you in a fully aware state, with claws and fangs this time." Deucalion added, letting Sophie's jaw go.

"She can't control it. It's not her fault."

"Scott, I know, okay? Trust me, you've given me the 'she just can't control it yet' speech about a million times but you have to understand this from a logical point of view. She tried to kill you, if I hadn't told Derek and Bryn to meet us at Deaton's, she would've torn your throat out and probably would've killed Deaton and me too. She almost killed Erica, Scott, she had to be stabbed to get her to stop. Stabbed. That's not a normal thing, that's not what werewolves do. Look at her now, she's trying her best to kill Aiden and Ethan while you're sitting there saying she's a perfect angel who did nothing wrong." Stiles answered, his glare turning to Sophie.

"She's not perfect but I'm not either. I've lost control when I knew what to expect. She didn't even know this was happening Stiles. She didn't have any time to learn how to anchor herself, to learn how to not give into the urges, we did. Erica did, Isaac did, Derek did, we all took the time to learn how to not think about it. You can't sit there and point the finger at her when she's probably scared out of her mind right now."

"Scott, I-"

"Do you remember how terrifying my first full moon was for me? I thought I was a monster, that all I would want is to kill people. I thought I had no way around it, that I had no one there to help me. But you know who did help me? Her. She anchored me down to my humanity, she reminded that I was still me, that I wasn't a monster. She's not an angel but she's here to protect me and I'm here to protect her. Even if I have to fight off an Alpha pack, a dead pool, my own instincts that tell me to rip and tear into anything I possibly can. I'm going to protect her. Just like you would for Erica."

"I know! Okay, I get it, I know exactly how you feel. But you have to understand something, your brain is clouded with love, you have hormones racing through your body that are telling you to ignore the bad stuff. Scott, I know you don't get why I don't trust her but it's because I'm looking out for you. I'm trying to protect you, even if you don't believe that. The last thing I want to see is my only brother being ripped apart by his girlfriend because he didn't sense the danger."

"I know she's dangerous but so am I. So is everyone in this room. We have three Alphas in here, two of which have their claws digging into my girlfriend. Don't you think it's killing me that I have to sit here and let them hurt her, watch her cough up her own blood? Don't you think I don't want her involved? If I had my way, she'd never know werewolves existed. If I had the control here, I would've never seen the life drain out of her eyes. I'm going to do everything I possibly can to make sure I never have to hear her heartbeat stop again."

"Guys." Derek interrupted, Aiden's body appearing in my line of vision.

He had scratches down his chest, a loud growl coming from his throat as he touched the healing marks. Ethan was thrown on top of him, knocking the both of them down. I turned around to see Sophie run towards the window, breaking it open as she jumped out. Deucalion frowned, a sigh escaping his lips as he turned back to us.

"Well that's not very good."

Author's Note:

Sophie got out! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEE!!!