New Year's Eve

Isaac's POV

"Where are we going?" I laughed, letting Laila pull me over to the car.

"It's New Year's Eve, Isaac. Lydia's throwing a party, we have to go."

"Last time we went to a party, we ended up finding out that we were all on a supernatural hit list."

"It'll be fun. Come on. If it makes you feel better, we'll leave right after the countdown."

"Fine."

She smiled as I opened the car door for her, my hand letting go of hers so she could get in.

"Where are we going exactly?"

"The lake house."

"And you're sure you want to go?"

"It'll be fine. It's just a party."  

Scott's POV

"Are you sure we should be doing this? We don't have the best history with parties." Stiles pointed out, even as he pulled up in front of the lake house.

"Maybe this one will be different." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

Stiles looked over at me as he turned the Jeep off, a glare in his eyes.

"You never know."

Sophie laughed as we both got out, waiting until I had pulled the seat forward to climb out.

"You know, one of us should get a different car. My legs are all cramped up." she complained, stretching them out.

"We have bigger things to worry about then your legs." Stiles snapped, sending her the same look he'd given me.

"Well, I won't be very useful if I can't move."

"Can you two get along for a single second?" I joked, slinging my arm around her shoulders before pulling her over to where Stiles stood.

"No." they both said, looking over at each other as their voices overlapped.

"This is going to be a long night."

Laila's POV

"I'll be right back." I called to Isaac, shouting over the loud music.

I walked through the crowd to the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge.

"Hey." a voice greeted, making me turn around to see who it was.

"Hi. Matt, right?"

"Yeah. You're Laila."

"I don't think we've ever talked."

"We don't really have a lot of classes together."

"That's too bad."

"It is. We should get to know each other better."

"First thing you should know is that she has a boyfriend." a new voice added as an arm wrapped around my shoulders, making me glance up at Isaac.

"I'll see you later, Laila." Matt muttered, lifting his hand in a wave before walking back out.

I pressed my lips together to hide my smile, trying to hold back my laughter.

"What?" Isaac turned back to me, his glare softening as he looked down at me.

"Nothing. You're just cute when you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous."

"No?"