Lance Stroll [36 & 41]

A/N: This one shot is inspired by heartbreaking tweets about Lance that I saw on tumblr around Lance's podium in Monza. The journalist described how Lance broke down in front of his father when he lost another quali against Massa (it was back in 2017). If someone wants the link to read it for yourself, ask in the comments. Lance deserve all the love and acceptation in the world. Also, I'd like you to apologize for delay. I had some personal stuff to deal with. I'm planning to finish all the requests before Christmas, so stay tuned.

for: Kiitchup

PROMPTS: [36] You don't have to go through this alone & [41] Please don't talk that way about yourself

It was Saturday afternoon, before Canadian Grand Prix. You watched from team's garage how Lance didn't make it to Q2 and qualified 17th for his home race. Naturally, he wasn't in a good mood when he came back. You wanted to approach him, but from the way he took off his helmet and throw his balaclava away you knew it was a bad idea right now. You allowed his dad to do this, nevertheless he rejected him as well. Lance left the garage. Lawrence followed him, so you took off the headphones and did the same thing. You walked through the paddock, picking up the pace when both men disappeared behind the door of Lance's driver's room. 

Once you got to the small corridor, you heard door slamming, a lot of banging and crashing followed. You leaned against the door, listening to what was going on there. You figured out that Lance was demolishing his room to get rid off frustration. Then it went completely silent. Your heart skipped a beat when you heard your boyfriend sniffling. It shattered into pieces as you imagined him sitting on the floor, surrounded by broken things. Lance was so hard on himself lately. He wanted to prove everybody that he's not just daddy's cash. You saw the shadow of Lawrence Stroll moving under the doorway. He spoke some words to calm him down. It was hard to pick up on everything, but you heard clearly the most important part. "Just give that seat to someone else. I don't deserve it". 

After further discussion, Lawrence pulled on a handle in order to leave the room. You immediately stepped away and tangled your hand into your hair. Lance's dad came out, looking at you with sadness visible in his features. Without a word he left the door open for you as he went outside. You entered Lance's room and like you imagined, he was seated on the floor, still sobbing, distraught at how his home weekend was playing out. It was clearly hard to fight against someone as Felipe Massa in your early days in Formula 1, but he was trying more than he could. Nobody cared how much racing meant to him as people only see the money behind his father, his upbringing. 

You closed the door and approached his hunched figure. Lance head was lowered, you could see tears tapping on the floor. You sat next to him, pulling his body close to yours. His arms immediately embraced you. "I'm trying so fucking hard. I just... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm a total failure". Lance cried into your shoulder as you caressed his back. "Please don't talk that way about yourself. My heart is breaking". You said, being on the edge of tears as well. "My dad is ashamed of me. I'm destroying the meaning of his name". He continued. You pulled away from him slightly to take his face in your hands. You looked into his eyes, while wipping the tears away with your sleeve. "Your dad loves you no matter what. Your mom loves you and your sister too. I love you more than anything. You can achieve great things, Lance. I believe in that, but you have to too. I think if we all be patient and make decisions carefully, then opportunity will come itself. And while awaiting it, you don't have to go through this alone". You smiled lightly. Lance stopped crying in the meantime. He leaned forward to connect your foreheads and rested his palms on your neck. "I love you too. You can always bring me down". He whispered, his thumb making circles on your skin. "You're the only one here that was born with wings. You just need a little push". You joked, making you both giggle like children. The very next day Lance scored his first points in F1. And it was just the beggining of his wonderful journey.