Lando Norris [6 & 32]

A/N: This one shot turned to be very sad. I didn't have intention to make Lando an asshole, I promise! Hope you like it :)

for: francescaguerrazzi

PROMPTS: [6] You never listen to me & [32] You know I hate it when you do that

You knew that Lando came back angry from the training the moment you heard the slamming door from the kitchen. You bit on your lower lip as such behaviour become a daily basis for him. Past weeks were though as he couldn't perform so well at the races as Carlos or as he wanted to. You hoped that during the break you will be able to talk to him, calm him down and let him know that for you it didn't matter if he was third, fifth or eleventh, if he scored points or not. But Lando closed himself in his own world. If he wasn't training with Jon, then he was streaming in his room all day till early morning hours, leaving you alone. During the day you kept yourself busy with cleaning, watching tv, reading, nevertheless your chest felt empty, when you lay in bed and he wasn't there. It was the same as if he was away again, but the thought that in reality he was just few meters away, caring more about his twitch account hurt you deeply.

Once Lando appeared in the kitchen, he dropped his bag on the chair chair and moved towards the counter, passing you by without a word. "Hey, how was your training?". You still greeted him with a smile as Lando filled the pot with water to make himself some tea. "It was fine". He replied with no sign of emotions, not looking at you. "And how's Jon?". You continued, but you could already feel the growing tension in the room. "He's fine. Just like yesterday". He spoke, annoyance hearable in his voice. Then, he reached out his hands to open the cupboard. When he looked inside, Lando let out a deep sigh, which sent shivers down your spine. Not the good ones. "You know I hate it when you do that". He said with harsh tone, clenching his fingers on the handles. You swallowed hard, crossing your arms over your chest as if you wanted to protect yourself from the coming bullet. "What do you mean?". Though you tried to stay calm, your voice was shaking. "When you mix my stuff!". He yelled, making you step away. "You never listen to me. I asked you to not shift things in the cabinets, because I'm losing my mind when I can't find something!".

You took a deep breath to shut the wave of tears, approaching your eyes. If you started crying, he would be propably even more pissed. "Yes, you did. But in the same time you told me I can do whatever I want when I'm here. And honestly, I don't understand the reason why you should be so mad at me. I just took all the packs of tea you have, put the open ones in one place and unpacked ones on the other shelf". You explained as if your life depended on it. Maybe it did as you have a feeling your heart will stop in your chest any moment. You couldn't take it any longer. It wasn't your sweet Lando, but some monster that came back instead. "See? That's the problem! Is everything need to be in order for you?". He questioned, shutting the cupboard closed. "It didn't bother you earlier. You thought it's cute". You remined him and he scoffed at your words. "God, you're such a child". He said, while scratching his forehead and that was it. Your arms weren't enough as the bullet hit your heart. Your eyes became watery, but you bit on your lower lip to prevent them from spilling. "I'm going to take a shower instead". Lando said, turning off the heat under the pot. Shame this morning started like this, because there was a surprise waiting for him in the bathroom, where he was heading. You observed as he opened the door and turn on the light to see the bathtub filled with water and bubbles. The smell of roses immediately filled the air. You did it all for him, to make him feel better, so he could relax. Lando stood there in a doorway, staring all of this. You didn't know how he's going to react. You didn't know who he was. And you didn't want to be in this house anymore, so you took your coat as well as your bag and left Lando's apartment, shutting the door yourself for once.