Daniel Ricciardo [4]

A/N: Daniel won't be with his family during Christmas and it's so heartbreaking :( He deserves better than this!

for: Elephant_flowers

PROMPTS: [4] I knew this was a bad idea

You could feel the tingling all over your body as your favourite moment of the year was approaching. You always associated Christmas with kidness, colorful lights spread through malls, homes, gardens, pavements and obviously the delicious food. But before Christmas Eve will come, you were eager to spend some time with Daniel in London after the season was finally over. This year you made a decision to spend Christmas apart from each other. Your boyfriend wished to catch up with his family in Australia, while you thought it's the right time to visit yours as well. It won't be easy to be apart again, but you were already invited by his mom to Perth for New Year's Eve. But the more moment of split was approaching, the more you grew sad inside that you won't see him for another week.

"Do you fancy a walk?". Daniel asked, bringing the rest of dirty dishes after breakfast to the dishwasher. You looked through the window at the world covered in snow and the shivers ran over your spine. "Don't you think it's better to stay on the couch? The weather isn't really convincing". You said. Honestly, all you wanted to do was to jump under the blanket with the Honey Badger himself and snuggle into his chest. "Don't do this to me". Daniel pouted, starting to bounce on his heels like a child. "You know I can't stay locked up for too long". You giggled, approaching his tall figure. "Oh trust me, I do. And if you really that unhappy we can go for a walk, but promise me we won't stay outside for the whole day". Daniel clasped with his hands, immediately accepting your conditions. "Great! I promise that we'll be back before dinner time". He kissed you on the forehead and left the kitchen to get dressed. You followed him to put some clothes as well. In less than ten minutes you were ready to go, while wearing yours down jackets, beanies, scarfs and gloves. When you went out, the sun started to shine on the blue sky. The frost was pinching your cheeks as you walked towards the park nearby Daniel's apartment.

Once you reached your destination, you stroll through pavements already cleared from snow. The white powder shined bright like diamonds. In some point, Daniel let go of your hand to go off the track. He drowned his hands in the snow pile and made snowball out of it. You were observing with curiosity what was he doing, when suddenly the snowball hit your leg. "Oh, you're such a child!". You yelled, looking at your wet trousers. "Fight me back. Come on". Daniel was clearly having fun as he formed another snowball, which hit your arm this time. "Stop it. I'm going to be all wet". You whined as people were passing you by. "Didn't know the snowball fights turn you on so much". He laughed with boyish grin on his face, wiggling his eyebrows. Your eyes grew wide and until you know it you got involved into the fight for snow with your boyfriend. You threw the balls into each other, not bothering what people will think of you. Daniel made another snowball, but threw it too high and too strong. When it hit your face, you lost your balance and fell to the ground. Daniel called your name straight away, running to you. "Talk to me, baby". He fell to his knees and started to take the snow off your eyes. You noticed the panic in his voice. "I knew this was a bad idea". You stated, blinking a couple of times, before you could look at him again. Daniel let out a breathy laugh, glad you and your eyes were okay. "Yes. I owe you now some cuddling on the couch and hot chocolate". He stated as he helped you get on your feet and dusted you off the snow. "So let's do it right away". You proposed, shivering a bit as your clothes and beanie were now wet. Daniel's arms embraced your waist and didn't let go until you safely got back to his apartment.