Lando Norris [1 & 2]

for: thexgirlxxx

PROMPTS: [1] Stay with me & [2] Please, don't pass out on me

REQUEST: You're a testing driver for McLaren. During free practise session you're involved into a crash and Lando helps you get out of the car.

As you walked in to the McLaren's garage you received some greetings from Carlos' crew. It was Friday practise session and as a reserve driver for British team you got a chance to drive a car with numer 55 on it. The Spaniard himself was also present in the garage. He felt obligated to give you some tips for the session. You were very young and the first woman to ever drive in F1, so it was kind of obvious that everybody will be overprotective towards you, though they had to admit that you were doing a pretty good job so far. Before getting into the car, you looked on the other side of McLaren's garage. Lando already discussed the strategy for this weekend with his race engineer. When he finished he spotted you next to Carlos' car. You smiled at him and he gave you thumbs up to wish you luck. You did the same thing, feeling butterflies in your stomach. You considered Lando one of your best friends, though you couldn't deny there were situations when you could be something more. Unfortunately, everything  beyond friendship would be seen as unprofessional and the feeling was mutual. It didn't matter if you and Lando were soulmates. Your job simply made it impossible to be together.

As the pit lane opened for the first practise session to start, you and Lando were one of the first ones to leave the garage. The team wanted to test a new components before the Sunday, so it was better to drive on not so crowded track. You felt marvelous hearing the engine's roars and feeling the speed you were driving with through your whole body. Lando was driving right behind you, keeping a safe space for both just in case. After completing few laps you started to feel that something is wrong with the car. You reported that right away and people in the garage promised to check it immediately. They also asked you to slow down in order to let Lando pass by as he's car seemed to be okay for now. Eager to fulfill the order you moved closer to the kerbs. When Lando approached your car to prepear himself for the manouver you caught some grip on the tyres, which made you lose control over the car. Not wanting to hit Lando you turned the steering wheel and in result you hit the barrier with massive power that could be felt in your neck. You could hear a horrible squeaking in your ears and it was louder than engineer's voice. Your whole body suddenly went numb as it was shutting down. You couldn't even move your lips to even groan. You were sure that your first crash in Formula 1 will be your last, but that was until you felt someone undoing your seatbelts and pulling you out from the car onto the grass. Your savior turned out to be Lando. You could see his beautiful green eyes as he lift up the viewfinder of your helmet. His curls were messy and you could noticed red lines on his handsome face after wearing the helmet. When it came to your helmet Lando didn't dare to remove it. If your neck got hurt then you could do more harm to you than the actual crash. "Carlos will be so pissed. I smashed his car". You mumbled. "Are you kidding me? That's all you can think of right now?". From the tone of his voice you could hear he's really terrified. You closed your eyes as the brightnes of the world was burning them out like a fire. "Please, don't pass out on me. The medical car is on his way. Just stay with me". Lando begged, while rubbing your arm. "I'm sorry, but it's stronger than me". You explained, doing long breaks between words. Your head was pounding which made thinking hard at the moment. You didn't know if your sentences make sense or not. "Don't say anything. You can focus on my voice. I'll tell you a story till Alan arrives". You hummed in response, but your eyes remained closed. "Once upon a time a boy met a girl and he felt he fell in love with her from the first time he saw her. She was smart, beautiful and very brave. Unfortunately, the life was cruel to them. It turned out that the girl will be working with the boy, so nobody would approve their relationship. They become friends, though neither of them felt like it was enough. Lying to everybody, the boy tried to steal some moments alone with her from life just to cheerish the fact he could be around her". Though your brain didn't work at his best, you could understand what Lando is trying to say to you. "I think that the girl fell in love with the boy as well". Lando's heart skipped a beat at your words. "But the girl loved him so much that she didn't want to ruin his career, so she stepped away for some time". Lando gnawed on his bottom lip as he was on the verge of tearing up. the sight of you just lying before him without a slight move was making his heart shatter into pieces. "Do you think the girl would agree to go out with the boy now? After she recovers?". Lando asked, which caused corners of your lips raise a little. The silver Mercedes with the orange light on the roof was rushing through the track in your direction. "It depends. Will the boy stay with the girl till the very end?". You answered on his question with a question. "Definitely". And to put a seal on boy's vow stronger he squeezed your hand as thight as he could.