Lewis Hamilton [19]

for: Fantazylovestory

PROMPT: [19] I have a headache

You were waiting outside Lewis' driver room while he was inside with few people from Mercedes as well as FIA. The manicure you did before leaving for Italian Grand Prix disappeared in the last hour. Watching Lewis having a serious crash with Max Verstappen and then replays of it from different angles, and perspectives caused you to tear off purple nail polish with your teeth. Skin around your nails was bright red as you had this habit of scratching the area in stressful situations. It was a first time you ever experienced something like this in your life and your whole body was shaking violently. You met Lewis through mutual friends after his battle with Nico Rosberg for the title, so you got to become his girlfriend during times when everything was going rather smoothly for him. Until now. Championship this year was thight between Mercedes and Red Bull. There was absolutely no chance to predict what will happen towards the end of the season. It meant new challenges, not only for main rivals, but also for you. Compering to other wifes and girlfriend you never got to experience on your own skin true colors of racing in Formula One. You were extremly privileged, because every time Lewis was leaving the garage you were sure he'll come back safely and in one piece. Today, you were brought to surface, truly realising how dangerous this sport was and it seemed now crazy to you how could you let the man you loved do that for such a long time.

Your heart skipped a beat when the door to his room finally opened wide before you. FIA officials in white button ups came out first, nodding at you politely, but eager to come back to their duties. People from Mercedes followed them next with Toto Wolff ending the line of your boyfriend's visitors. "I'm sorry it took so long," Toto was the only one to stop by and talk to you for a brief second. "It's fine. I understand there were things that needed to be sort out," you waved your hand at him. "How is he now?" you asked as it mattered to you the most. "He's okay, thanks to the halo," Toto replied and you breathed out relieved to hear him say it. "He's all yours actually. I'll do the interviews for him and also make sure nobody interrupts him," you nodded. "Thanks," Toto smiled, patting your shoulder reassuringly before heading out. Once Team Principal was out of your sight, you entered Lewis' room and closed the door firmly behind you.

Lewis was half sitting half laying on a couch, having a sack with ice put against his forehead. His eyes were closed, but when he heard your steps he opened them. "Hi, baby," he smiled at the sight of you. "It's so good to see you after all those white collars guys," he chuckled. "How are you feeling? You sure you don't need to go to the hospital?" you kind of ignored his joke, though deep down you were overjoyed to see him too. "They checked me over and everything's fine. I just have a headache," he replied like the accident he was involved in was nothing. "You got hit by Pirelli and all you have is headache?" Your tone of voice was weird as if it wasn't yours. What also concerned Lewis was your body language. You stood in the middle of his room with your arms wrapped around your body and you weren't comfortable at all. "Babe, everything is okay. There's nothing wrong with m-..." "You could die Lewis!" you exploded when he just tried to calm you down. Your eyes became watery from this rollercoaster of feelings happening in your head. Lewis was truly shocked by your outburst and for a long time he didn't know what to say or do. You have never been in such situation, but it was new to him as well. For years he didn't have anybody who could worry about him on the track this much. His parents were often home, so when Lewis was calling them after the race all emotions were under control.

"That's my life. Such things happen to everybody," he finally spoke. "I know," you hid your face in your hands, remembering crashes from previous years which looked as worse as this one. "I just never felt like this before. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm so scared," Seeing you like this, Lewis' heart broke into million pieces. He'd rather hurt himself rather than be the cause of your pain. "Come here," Lewis put down the sack with ice and extended his arms for you. When you approached him he guided you to rest on the couch next to him. You gave in, because all you wanted right now was to cuddle to him, to feel he's close, so you settled on the couch, nuzzling yourself into Lewis' side. His strong arm embraced your waist, pulling you closer to his chest while his other hand caressed your head and cheek. You let some tears stream down from your eyes eventually to get rid off stress stored up in your body. Lewis was quick to brush them away and he kissed your forehead dozen of times in different spots to make you feel safe again.

"I can hear your heartbeat," you whispered, caressing gently his chest clothed with black Tommy Hilfiger teamwear. "Please, keep it alive for me," your voice broke down at the end. "I will and I'm sorry for putting you in this situation. I think I got lost so much in the battle for the title that I forgot what's most important to me," Lewis confessed, his lips brushing against your forehead with each word. "I love you," he said next, taking your bruised hand in his and peppering it with kisses. If he was able to heal wounds with love, he would do it for you, but maybe love wasn't about quick recovery. Love was about healing each other in definitely not racing pace.