George Russell [8]

for: francescaguerrazzi

PROMPTS: [8] I need to lay down. Like, now

When you and George woke up the next morning the world was covered with snow. It was marvelous to see that everything turned white, but you were glad you didn't have to drive anywhere today. After breakfast George proposed to go outside for a while to get some fresh air. You thought it's a great idea, so you both dressed in proper clothes and went out from the house. The snow was up to your ankles and you had to raise your legs a bit higher to not get stuck. George's Mercedes was less than visible and pavement leading to the garage was nowhere to be found. Suddenly a snowball hit your back. You turned around in the spot you were standing and saw George laughing at you. Of course he had to do this. His gloves were already wet, so you started to wonder how he will last outside, but to your surprise George was already forming another snowball in his hands. "Don't you dare to throw it at me". You warned him with your finger raised. "What are you going to do to me?". He teased you and threw the snowball. It hit your leg this time and you could feel your pants getting wet. You looked down at the stain and then back at George. You decided to ruin a little bit his mood, so you reached for some snow, formed a snowball and threw it in his direction. You got lucky as your snowball hit him in the face. "What the hell?". He yelled, while cleaning his face from white powder. "You wanted me to hit you back". You shrugged very proud of yourself. Soon the teasing turned to be a real war. You both were running in front of the house, making more and more snowballs, laughing at each other when some snow found its way behind one's scarf or coat and hiding all over the place. 

After minutes of running you felt really tired. George threw some more snowballs at you, but you didn't have strenght anymore to answer. Your body didn't want to move. You felt light headed, so your legs folded under you and you fell with your knees into the pile of snow. "Are you okay?". George asked with concerned tone. When you didn't answer he ran towards you. You tried to breath with your open mouth, but it didn't help. It felt like no oxygen wanted to reach your lungs. "I need to lay down. Like, now". You managed to communicate. A wave of nausea followed caused by too much effort. "Let's go back". George put his arm around you and helped you stand up. He cleaned your legs from snow and carried you back to the house in bridal style. Once inside George set you free by taking your coat, boots and other winter accessories off. You waited until he took off his clothes and he helped you reach the living room.

"Do you feel any better now?". He asked, when you lay for some time on the couch with your legs raised a little. You nodded, but you kept your eyes closed to keep the room from spinning. "I do, but I think I rest a bit more". You added. "Of course. Take your time and breath. Everything will be okay". George soothed you, while rubbing your leg with his warm hand. "You pray my recovery take long, because when we do a rematch I'll destroy you". You announced, already eager to beat him at snow fighting. George frowned. "We'll see about that sweetheart". A smirk appeared on his face. Though nobody said it out loud, you couldn't wait till round number two.