Charles Leclerc [5]

for: Brazowa_Alpaka

PROMPT: [5] I love this song

REQUEST: You're a famous singer and your debut album has just come out. One night you go alone to the club to relax after a stressful press day. There you meet Charles who happens to be your fan. 

As you walked into the club you took the hood of your sweatshirt off your head. You were careful while leaving the hotel where you were staying with your crew, but still some stubborn paparazzi could follow you here. You looked around, but nobody seemed to notice or recognize you. People were busy with their drinks, talking with friends and dancing. You smiled to yourself as you forgot the taste of true freedom and anonymity. More confident you stepped further into the club, moving through crowds to reach the bar. You dreamt about a drink or two. Maybe more if it helps you forget about all the mayhem your life has become recently. You needed time only in your own company. Your inner voice was often killed with business jargon. Even your manager was annoying you, though you knew je wanted the best for you and your career. But the price of it all started to be too high for you. Few weeks earlier you realised your debut album. You were so proud of it. All twelve songs you wrote through the years from the bottom of your soul found their place on it. You were happy that you got to be one of those who can achieve their dreams nevertheless what followed next didn't make you content at all. Some songs turned out to be a major hit, so they were played in radio stations more than twice a day. It got to the point where you couldn't listen to your own voice. The record label didn't see a musician in you anymore, but machine to make money. They were buying more time for playing your songs, from morning till dusk you were in the car travelling between tv studios and press conferences. You tried to ask for changes in your daily schedule to have some time to rest, but it wasn't an option. You were a fresh meat and like your manager said 'only fresh meat has better sale'. You were tired and stressed out by cameras, questions about your family and private life, which kind of became a myth by now. No one cared about your privacy. You couldn't shake the feeling that you're being followed 24/7. You couldn't take a walk on a street without being pictured, asked for autographs or screamed at. It hurt, because in the past you promised yourself your career won't be like ones you saw on tv or social media. With time you begun to understand those artist, why they wanted to stay numb when pressure was crushing them. 

Once you reached the bar you jumped onto the stool and ordered a drink. The barman was looking at you a little too long, while pouring the liquid for you. You could see in his eyes that any minute he'll recognise you, but it didn't happen. The man served you with your drink and moved to other clients. You sighed with relief, taking a glass with your shaky hand. You took a big gulp of your drink and you could feel alcohol burning down your throat. "Careful with that". You heard a warning, a soft voice with strong accent managed to break through loud music in the club. You turned your head to right direction and was met with pair of green eyes. A smile curled up on their owner's face once your gazes crossed. "Thanks, but the last thing I need tonight is a babysitter". You replied, trying to sound less annoyed than you actually were. "Why a girl like you would want to poison her body?". He questioned and you scoffed. "You're not better yourself". You nodded at his half empty glass. "Yeah, I had a tough press conference. Journalists can be really mean when they need a title". He explained. "Are you famous?". You raised your eyebrows a bit shocked that today you had to meet someone who had similar experience to yours. "It depends". He chuckled. "I'm Charles. I'm a racing driver for Ferrari F1 team". He added right away. You knew what F1 was, just didn't have a time to watch races since your career evolved and surely didn't know any of knew drivers. "Sounds intriguing". You replied. "It was my dream since I was little. This year the team is having really bad season, so press conferences every weekend are a disaster. Me and my teammate just don't know what to say or do anymore". He confessed. "I'm sorry to hear that". You truly felt sorry for Charles, because you knew how he felt. Drained and powerless. 

"And what brings you here?". He asked, directing all attention back to you. "Believe or not, but the reason is the same. The difference is I'm not racing, just singing". Charles raised his eyebrows. "Just singing. You're humble one, don't you?". He noticed. "Do I know any of your songs?". You started to enumerate songs from your debut album curious to found out yourself. When you named one of your popular ones Charles' green hues lit up immediately. "I love this song! I was listening to it quite often lately". He exclaimed. You laughed, because from mysterious gentleman Charles turned into excited little boy. Not that you were complaining. "You have a lovely voice. I could listen to it for hours". He admitted next and you could feel you blushing. "Thank you. That's very nice". You tried to hide your red cheeks from him, but you were exposed to him on the bar stool. You could feel his eyes on you. Not in the wrong way. He was just admiring you. Something as gentle as that caused your heart to skip a beat couple of times. "What's on your schedule now?". You changed the subject, wanting to leave your world and sink into his more. "I have a race on Sunday. Then we're having a break, so I'm going home to Monte Carlo". He responded. "You're from Monaco or just living there?". At the beginning you thought he was from France, because of his accent, but you couldn't believe he could be actually from there. "I am a true Monegasque. Period". Charles confirmed with proud. "I've never met anybody from there. I only know people who owns houses there and travel there for vacation". You explained to him as your surprised expression could be confusing. Monaco was still country, like any other. "Now you know me. Always a good reason to visit our beautiful land". He proposed, leaning on the counter closer to you. "I don't think so, Charles". You admitted, sadness showing in your features. "I don't even have time to rest or call my parents. I sometimes regret that I didn't go to university like my friends. The thing is that...". You didn't finished as you felt tears filling your eyes. "The thing is that you feel lonely and sad, because not everything is like you imagined". Charles continued for you. You awarded him with a smile. His soft hands cupped your face and made you look into his eyes. His touch was sending shivers down your spine. You've never felt something like this before and you didn't want this night to end. "From this night on you'll never be alone again. I promise". You could see and feel he truly meant it. It filled your heart with warmth. From all nights you lived through this would be the one that changes everything.