Lando Norris [36]

for: Chami2207

PROMPTS: [36] You don't have to go through this alone

The cab pulled over right before Lando's apartment. You payed the driver and got out, cold morning breeze blowing into your face. Once you reached the door, you rang the doorbell. Lando should be awake by now as he was needed at McLaren during official presentation of the car and drivers for 2019, which was in less than couple hours. You were so proud that Lando had the chance to make his dreams come true, though he didn't seem thrilled when you were talking with him yesterday. Maybe his nerves were slowly showing up. Formula 1 wasn't a junior competition anymore, but worldwide pheonemena and he was one of the youngest drivers in history. You started to grew impatient as the door still didn't open. You knocked one time, then second and third, before Lando made himself approach the entrance. "There you are. I was beginning to worry you're still sleeping". You sighed with relief. "No, I'm awake for quite a while". He replied, stepping aside to let you in. "I don't want to be rude, but what are you doing here?". He asked, while watching how you take off your coat. "It's your big day and I'm your friend. I couldn't miss it". You frowned, wondering how Lando couldn't figure it out by himself. Then you noticed that Lando was rather sad, miserable as if he didn't sleep at night. "Is there something wrong?".

Lando turned his head away and walked into the living room. You followed him not sure what to expect. Lando fell on the couch, his shoulders drooped. "I'm stressed out to the point that it makes me sick". He confessed, while looking at you with his puppy eyes. "Why? You've been dreaming about F1 since you were small. What's holding you back?". You sat next to him and took his hand in yours. "It's this presentation. I'll have to wear the suit today and go in front of investors, talk about me and the car. I think I realised now in what I'm getting myself into. I don't think I'm ready". He spoke, observing how your hands interwind as if they were made for each other. The new stage in life wasn't the only thing that awoke fear in him. Lately, Lando started to develop a crush on you, though officially you were just friends. Close friends. He was afraid that his constant travelling will eventually tear you both apart. "You're ready, Lando. You worked hard for this and you deserve that seat. And you're going to be great today. You'll steal the show". You assured him, bringing your hand to caress his cheek. "If you're scared know that you don't have to go through this alone. I got your back". You promised, causing a smile to blossom on his face. "You won't forget about me, while I'll be away for most of the year?". He asked with hope in his voice. "How I could forget about you? It's impossible". You giggled, combing your fingers through his curly hair.

Lando stopped your hand with his own and snuggled his cheek into it. He closed his eyes, while you felt sparkles in places where your skin touched. "I don't want to lose you just because racing is my dream". He admitted, opening his eyes to look at you. "You won't lose me. Like I said, you're hard to forget". Lando chuckled into your hand. "Can I make sure it will be even harder?". He proposed. You didn't know what to answer, so he made use of your confusion to lean towards you, crashing your lips together in gentle, yet passionate way. You held your breath, resting your hands in the nape of his neck to deepen the kiss. It was the moment you surely never forget.