Alex Albon [35]

for: formula_juan

A/N: I just want to notice that I know nothing about panic attacks. I never experianced any, besides anxiety. If anybody thinks this one shot should be looking differently, I'll take every advice as long as it's of good taste :)

PROMPTS: [35] Take a deep breath

REQUEST: Reader has a panic attack and Alex helps her calm down.

WARNINGS: panic attack

You and Alex were close since childhood. Both of you were raised in London and went to the same school. While Alex always wanted to be a racing driver, you found your true self in photography. You loved how with one click, one moved of your finger you could make memories last for ages. In early stages of Alex's racing career, you often joined his family just to take some pictures of him on the track. Sometimes you dreamt how nice it would be if you could work together in the future. He would be driving a car, while you could be an official photographer of his team. You thought this fantasy of Alex was great, though too crazy to accomplish. Nevertheless, you kept it in mind for the time you'll be looking for a job.

Unexpectedly, the day has come when both of you were promoted to Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Team in Formula 1. Alex was about to replace Pierre Gasly and move there from Torro Rosso, while you were suppose to become a trainee of team's present photographer who planned to part way with F1. You both received your decisions during the same day as if the fate was planning it for you all along. You were beyond happy as you didn't realise at the time how your life would be impacted by new kind of life. First of all, you were constantly on the move. And not only if it comes to travelling around the world. You were constantly running from one place to another, from the track to the garage. Sometimes you had to be present at the Parc Ferme as well to take a few photos of Max on the podium. It was stressing you out as you always worried you won't make it on time. Such incompetence would meant her job at Red Bull was done. The other factor was that you were surrounded by people all the time. Mechanics, managers, journalists, VIP guests and many more. 

It was one of those days, when all of this was too much for you. You never told Alex about your anxiety, though he was constantly checking on you in his free time. But now you felt in your bones that you won't make it without his help. You needed some quiet place, where you could feel safe. You hide your camera in your backpack and left it the garage. Once you were in the paddock, you nervously started to look for Alex's driver room. Your chest was tightened, your breathing picked up from almost running and your vision was blurred. Amid those things, you tried to seem normal and forced a smile towards people passing you by. You reached your destination after what seemed like ages. You stormed inside Alex's room, which caused him to jump on his chair. You closed the door and started to wander around the room, hoping it wall bring you down a bit. Alex was shocked with your sudden visit, but he noticed something was truly wrong. 

"Hey, what's going on? Tell me what happened". Alex got up from his chair and approached you. You stopped before him and he took your shaking hands in his. You sucked the air into your lungs, but it felt as if they were closed, just to make you more anxious. "I-I can't breathe. It's all t-to much". You brought your hands to your mouth to cover your trembling lips. "It's okay now. You're here, with me and nothing can happen to you. You completly safe". Alex was surprisingly calm, his eyes focused on you as his palms rubbed your arms. You closed your eyes, afraid you might start crying any second. "Take a deep breath. I know you can do this". He added, taking your hands away from your mouth and peppering them with gentle kisses. The touch of his lips was soothing and sent nice warm feeling down your spine, which caused you to relax a bit. "Take it slow. You're alright. You're completly safe". His grip on your hands was strong, but not too strong. You dared to look up into his brown eyes and suddenly you felt as if you were on another planet. The only sound in the room was your shallow breathing, which seemed to calm down under his gaze. You felt the tingling in all the places your skin was touching his, were your bodies connected. He must have felt it too. You could see the sparkles in his eyes as he was watching you. All of the sudden, Alex took one of his hands to lift your chin and kiss you gently. You suddenly felt numb as he made you forget about the stress, all those people around and the heat in the garage. When you parted, you were no longer shaking and your breathing was perfectly normal. "They taught us that holding your breath helps stop a panic attack". He chuckled. "You could've just tell me that". You teased him. You couldn't deny you enjoyed the touch of his lips on yours. "I didn't want to".