King!Fernando Alonso [10]

A/N: I decided to go into AU with this one. Enjoy!

for: EmmaBodyova1

PROMPTS: [10] Are you nervous?

You were standing on a round step, while your maids were working on blue glistening dress that you had on. You weren't quite happy for spending the whole evening in it, but what a woman can't do to look beautiful? The corset was making breathing harder than it usual was, the ornaments were pulling on your hair painfully and your legs hurt from your uncomfortable shoes. In one word you were already tired, but had few hours of forcing smiles ahead of you. Honestly, you didn't care what other royals or gentry will say about your appearance. You never did since you've met Fernando. The only opinion that mattered to you was of your husband and he was making you feel like a treasure every single day of your marriage. What was worrying you was the fact that you were still quite young and for some not enough to take on queen's role. According to your critics you didn't have experience, knowledge and proper training to represent their dear country. You could feel their negative attitude wherever you went and especially during such occasions as balls.

The maids finished preparing your dress for the ball and a soft knock on the door of the chamber could be heard. Your heart skipped a beat when the knight entered inside announcing the presence of king. Then the man stepped aside to let Fernando in. The maids immediately lowered their heads as the king looked around the chamber and left. In the same time the knight closed the door behind Fernando, taking the watch outside. Shivers ran down your spine where your and your husband's gazes met. You were both relieved and concerned to see him. 

"Let me". Fernando offered his hand when you wanted to get down from the step. You thanked him with a smile. The grip of your husband's hand was firm and confident, which made you feel a bit better. "Are you nervous?". His thumb brushed over your hand. You looked down at your fingers interwined and sighed. "I'm not bothered by our guests or ball itself if that's what you mean". You replied, knowing that Fernando won't let you out from this chamber until you'll tell him what's wrong. "Then what's wrong?". Your heart sunk in your chest as you noticed concern in his features. You squeezed his hand as if you wanted to gain some strenght from him. "I think that some of our subjects don't think that I'm suitable to be your Queen, my love". You admitted with sorrow hearable in your voice. "Who said such thing to you? I'll order him to be punished". Fernando pledged, but you shook your head. "Nobody said that to me directly, but I can feel it. Nobody takes my decisions and opinions seriously, so I draw my conclusions. I'm afraid that I might be a threat to your position". You explained further to him. "Whoever doesn't treat you with proper respect is a fool. You're my Queen and nothing can change that. You stole my heart with being yourself so please, my love, be yourself. I love you". Fernando brought your hand to his lips to put a kiss on top of it. Then he leaned down to do the same thing with your lips. You smiled against his mouth, your heart filling with warmth. "I'm sure you'll be the most beautiful woman during this ball". You raised your eyebrows. "I thought I'm always beautiful?". You teased him. Your husband chuckled at your words. "Fair enough". He nodded. "Shall we go now?". You gave Fernando your arm and he enveloped it with his.