Lando Norris [24]

for: sarahwtmn

PROMPTS: [24] Don't forget to take your medication

The sun shone through the curtains into the bedroom as another day was about to start. You stirred in your sleep when rays of sunshine flashed over your eyelids. A soft groan escaped your lips, while rubbing your eyes from the light. Lando felt you moving in bed next to him, so his strong arm curled up around your waist, pulling you closer to him. You obeyed him, nuzzling yourself more into his body. You rested your head on his bare chest that was rising slowly to the rhythm of his breathing. Lando's hand rubbed your back up and down in lazy way of his. Your nostrils were filled with fading scent of his shower gel and you loved it. With a steady beating of his heart under your ear and warm caramel skin against your cheek, you felt like drifting to sleep all over again. He was making you feel so safe that it was hard to describe, but for sure you weren't able to live without it anymore. "Love, we can't sleep anymore". Lando mumbled, his chest vibrating with every word under your cheek. You hummed in response, your lips too lazy too move from warmth your boyfriend was giving you. "I have a plane to catch". He added. Your eyes opened immediately, pushing sweet slumber aside. You lifted yourself on your forearm to look at him. Lando saw the fear in your eyes and his heart immediately sunk inside his chest. "What am I going to do without you?". Your lower lip trembled at the thought of being all by yourself with your negative thoughts in big apartment for almost a week. "You'll be fine, baby". Lando shuffled in bed to sit in front of you between the sheets. He took your face in his hands, forcing you to look into his chocolate hues. "This time it's days, not weeks. I'll be home before you know it. And I'll be checking on you throughout the day. And in the morning, and when you lay in bed". Lando rubbed your cheeks with his thumbs as if he wanted to rub the pain of being apart away from you. He also had a hard time when there was a time for him to leave. He was always thinking about you, no matter if he was at the press conference or racing. He wished you could go with him one day, but your health was the most important to him. Being around so many people, new faces, cameras flashing could trigger you. The last thing he wanted was to make you feel worse.

"If you want, I can record my voice again on your phone like we did last time. In case of emergency". Lando noticed and you felt a bit better. Emergency was when you were having really hard time and, for example, Lando was in the middle practise session and couldn't talk. Last time he was at the track, Lando was sending small voice messages to you and you found them very calming. You could also take your earphones at any moment and listen to them all over again when needed. "Could you also leave some bigger clothes of yours?". You asked as he let go of your face to pull you to his chest again. "Of course! I'll leave them on top in the closet". You nodded and sighed heavily against skin. You wished you could just breathe out all the panic that you felt right now. Lando leaned towards you in order to pepper your face with kisses. You couldn't help, but giggle at the tickling feeling on your skin. 

After nice breakfast in the kitchen with the view for crystal blue sky outside, Lando gathered his last things and packed them into the suitcase. You watched him running around the apartment, collecting, dressing himself up for the airport. You had this fuzzy feeling in your chest again, but kept on reminding yourself that it will be alright. Once Lando was ready to leave, you came into the corridor with him and you stood in front of each other for a longer moment, looking into each other's eyes. "Be careful out there, Lando. I know racing is your life, but... Just come back to me". "I will, baby girl". He promised, smiling brightly for you. "Don't forget to take your medication". He reminded you with one hand on the handle, second one carrying his luggage. "I love you". You hurried to say when he was already with one foot outside. "I love you more, princess". He replied, before closing the door after him. You ran towards the window to watch him backing the car out of garage. He waved at you one last time and drove onto the rode, on the way to his next adventure.