Lando Norris [1 & 11]

for: szchaql

PROMPTS: [1] You can't ignore me forever & [11] Is this how you really feel?

The weekend in Russia started the same way as other ones with two practise sessions, then turning into rollercoaster of emotions. Lando won his first pole position and had major chances for his first win in Formula One. What seemed to begun as a wonderful Grand Prix turned into dark, wet nightmare for McLaren. Lando was strong and defended his position for entire race until first drops of rain appeared. Forecasts predicted such possibility, so the teams were prepared for everything, but the tricky part was to when change the tyres and hold the position. Lando decided to stay longer on his slicks, hoping to end the race on them, while others made another pit stop. It was a mistake. Lando couldn't keep the car on the track and went wide several times. There was no other way, but to pit and give the win away to Lewis Hamilton with Lando finishing P7. To say he was disappointed was an understatement. After coming into the garage he wasn't taking off his helmet for a long time, hardly spoke to anybody, so Zak gave him a fifteen minutes break from everything. When the time passed Lando changed into his teamwear and had to stand in front of cameras where he failed to force back tears in his eyes. Media were cruel on this one, calling it a bad luck and causing Lando more wounds. You observed it with your heart breaking into million pieces, because there was nothing you could do more than just be there for him, though you felt like it wasn't enough.

Eventually, Lando started to talk with his crew who offered words of comfort and promises that his day will come sooner than he thinks. Lewis himself came to Lando after the interviews, saying he'd make the same decision in his place. It was easy to say for someone who ran in the second place and got his 100th win for free, more precise thanks to his stupidy. You were waiting for Lando in his driver's room, watching flashes from his interviews and his red eyes exposed to the world. Once The Brit fulfiled his duties, he entered the room with his head hanging angrily. You raised yourself from the couch, extending your arms for him, but Lando pushed you away and walked further into the room. It hurt you deeply, because Lando has never pushed you away before, no matter how hard times could get in racing world. "What was that?" you asked, trying to not sound judgemental. "I'm not in the mood for hugging," he replied, falling to the couch where you previously were sitting. "Don't make a scene, I just lost the race," he added, taking off his shoes and throwing them away. "I know that. That's why I wanted to hug you, I'm your girlfriend," you reminded him. "You can't ignore me forever, especially when things get ugly," Lando looked at you and shiver ran down your spine. His gaze was cold, there was no sign of feelings he had for you as if you suddenly became a stranger. "A girlfriend suppose to support her boyfriend, even in his lowest," he said with anger visible in his features. "You think I don't support you?" you were shocked that Lando dared to even create such thought in his head. "Not in this moment which happens to be the worst moment in my career," he turned his head away from you. Your limbs were shaking and you were bitting the inner part of your cheek, so the tears wouldn't spill from your eyes. "Is this how you really feel?" you swallowed hard, but you needed to hear this. "Yes," His answer was like a seal that closed and ended this conversation. You nodded to yourself, slowly turning towards the door to leave the room. Lando didn't follow you.