Sebastian Vettel [30]

for: sooph-sooph-sooph

PROMPTS: [16] I thought you didn't want me

When Sebastian signed in with Racing Point, soon to be Aston Martin, you were relieved. Years with Ferrari, especially the last one, took a tool on him. He was walking frustrated and sad, and partaly lost his passion for racing. You expected the new team to be like a breath of fresh air for Sebastian's career, but also for your life. Unfortunately, nothing worked out as you imagined. Testing in Bahrain were miserable. While talking to him on the phone, you could hear in his voice how disappointed he was. "But things like that happen, you know. That's why it's called testing, right?". Sebastian tried to himself up, while calming you down. You agreed with him and patiently waited for the season to start.

First race weekend was a disaster for him, even before the actual race started. Sebastian didn't made it to Q3 in quali and was starting from very low position, comparing to Lance. It wasn't completely his fault, but still it didn't look good on the paper. "That was just a first race. I'm sure every team has their own struggles". This time you were the one who tried to cheer him up. There was a long moment of silence on the other side and you gnawed on your lower lip, afraid of going back where you were a couple of months ago. "Of course. But I just wish to race again without any difficulties. That's all". Sebastian replied finally. "Just be patient, keep working hard. You and Honey Ryder need to find a similar language and then it all be alright". He chuckled at how you always spoke his car's name as if it was a family member. Thanks to you he felt a bit better and was ready to face Imola.

But Imola was no good either. Sebastian did quite well in quali, gaining 13th position for the race, but had to retire due to gearbox issues few laps before finish. After this one he wasn't so nice and convincible anymore. "Don't you see what's going on? I'm making a fool out of myself! You keep telling me to be patient and I'm having doubts if I made a good decision. My career is at stake, you know nothing about how it feels". You swallowed hard. Your eyes burned with tears, but you managed to force them back. You understood his frustration, but he started to take out his anger on you. He made you feel guilty for the fact that the car wasn't working as it suppose to. "Maybe you made the wrong decison. After all, last year's car was just a pink Mercedes and this year they gave you a shitbox". You answered, your voice deep and cold. It ultimately led to ending your phonecall with him. You laid in your bed, your head pounding at the thought that this whole year could look that way. They were still twenty one races in the calendar.

Nevertheless, you agreed to come with Sebastian to Portugal. You took couple of days off from work, so you could focus on what was going on in the paddock. You and Sebastian didn't spoke much since his return from Italy, which hurt both of you deeply. Fortunately, it changed on Saturday. In the morning you woke up with pain in your body, already thinking about how much of a disaster the quali will be. To everyone's surprise Sebastian made it out from Q1 to Q2. There was joy in the team for sure, but nobody hoped for more. But then Sebastian pushed his car and jumped into Q1, finishing on 10th place for the Sunday race. You were still hurt, but you were also happy for all the people that made this little success possible. Once Sebastian came back to Aston Martin's garage, you felt that he'll go to his engineers and mechanics first to thank them for their hard work, but he ran up straight to you instead. His lips curled in a wide smile and he took you in his arms to lift you up. He spin you around as if you were light like a feather and put you back on your feet. "What's wrong?". He asked, when he noticed a confused expression on your face. "Nothing. I just... I thought you didn't want me anymore". You confessed, not looking into his eyes. "I know I was a total asshole towards you". You heard him sighing. "I don't know what to say apart from that I'm sorry. I took my stress out on you and it was wrong. I swear I'll never do that again". "You sure? You don't know what's going to happen next week". Sebastian shrugged. "Indeed. Also, my anger won't change anything. What has to happen, will happen. Whatever it will be, I want you here". You smiled softly at him, resting you palms on his firm chest clothed in his green swimsuit. You were glad that your old Sebastian came back.